Author Topic: Avon calling!  (Read 34689 times)

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: Avon calling!
« Reply #310 on: 22 November 2023, 21:21 »
I think it's the dumb solutions to the problems that annoy me the most. Solutions that don't actually fix anything.

VW fault finding trees need a major work over. It's got to be costing them a fortune in wasted parts and ultimately lost customers
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline GtIOlly

• Not said much yet
« Reply #311 on: 07 December 2023, 17:34 »
Anyone had any issues with the puddle lights , drivers side seams fine but passenger side is distorted

Offline Dav3smith

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #312 on: 07 December 2023, 17:59 »
It's commonplace over on the R forum that smashed puddle light, should be able to get a replacement under warranty I'd have thought.
GTI Clubsport ED45 DBP, DCC, HK, WP, Pano

Gone Golf R 7.5
Gone GTI 7

Online JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #313 on: 08 December 2023, 10:27 »
Yeah my driver's side one is like that, been like that for quite a while.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline gavinl1967

• Not said much yet
« Reply #314 on: 08 December 2023, 20:21 »
So, 3 weeks ago I had a new steering wheel fitted, all good since. In fact no bongs since the initial visit to the dealer about 2 months ago when they updated to software version 1899.

Over the last 3 weeks there has been a couple of OTA updates, all good.  Today however not good.  Got a notification for another OTA update, parked the car up and started the update.  An hour later it still wasn’t finished.  4 hours later I was on the phone to VW as the software update had gone into a loop - up comes the ‘welcome to vw splash screen’ followed by the GTI screen, then it goes blank, then various bongs and errors on the dashboard, then repeat again and again and again!!!  Spoke to VW direct, they weren’t much use - soft boot the system.  Then spoke to a ‘master tech’ at my local vw, not much else he could suggest other than what had already been done, other than why he called a canbus silence - leave the car switched off for 30 minutes. 

Needless to say nothing worked and I had a 50 mile trip home with the system constantly rebooting and the car is booked in to my local dealer on Monday so they can investigate and force the update.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #315 on: 09 December 2023, 22:05 »
Keep us updated Gavin.
Touch wood mine’s been fine since the new tiller was fitted back in the summer. 🤞🏻
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline gavinl1967

• Not said much yet
« Reply #316 on: 11 December 2023, 16:09 »
Keep us updated Gavin.
Touch wood mine’s been fine since the new tiller was fitted back in the summer. 🤞🏻
Car has been in today - diagnosis is it requires a new infotainment module. The part is being delivered to the dealer tomorrow! So car at dealer overnight.  Thankfully my partner also works in Glasgow otherwise travelling the 30 miles home might have been an issue……

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #317 on: 11 December 2023, 18:10 »
That would’ve been a bit of a long walk home Gavin!

At least they’re cracking on with it.  :smiley:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline gavinl1967

• Not said much yet
« Reply #318 on: 12 December 2023, 16:05 »
So……despite being told yesterday the part would be delivered today, it wasn’t  :sad:  The part is on back order, so no idea when it will be delivered/available.  Local dealer now sorting me a hire car through VW UK, although this could take up to 48 hours to organise.

Needless to say I’m not happy.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #319 on: 12 December 2023, 17:35 »

Needless to say I’m not happy.

Understandably so   :angry:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner