Author Topic: GTI Clubsport - Nurburgring Mode  (Read 5901 times)

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: GTI Clubsport - Nurburgring Mode
« Reply #10 on: 01 February 2021, 20:11 »
There isn't a perf pack for the clubby.

Special mode is definitely on the car... but whether or not its only there with DCC.... she tells you it softens up the suspension to super soft. You don't get that without DCC.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline CSS

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11 on: 01 February 2021, 20:19 »
German configurator defines an option for Clubsport- Adaptive chassis control DCC including driving profile selection
This isn’t an option in the UK brochure which I guess is an error.
« Last Edit: 01 February 2021, 20:21 by CSS »

Offline JRG4

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12 on: 01 February 2021, 20:23 »

Special mode is definitely on the car... but whether or not its only there with DCC.... she tells you it softens up the suspension to super soft. You don't get that without DCC.

I wonder if you were to order the perf pack on the R without the DCC.. would you still get ‘special mode’?
Ordered - Golf GTI Clubsport. 19” Adelaide alloys, Rear view camera, Pure White.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 01 February 2021, 20:35 »

I wonder if you were to order the perf pack on the R without the DCC.. would you still get ‘special mode’?

I'd say it was hard to achieve that, because they all say the trick to a ring setup is a super soft suspension setup to absorb the bumps (sounds like anywhere in Lincs and some the kids round here clearly think its the same) and I just can't see how you'd do that minus DCC.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Offline ClubsportMk8

• Not said much yet
« Reply #14 on: 02 February 2021, 09:17 »
My Clubsport doesn’t have DCC so therefore doesn’t have the Nurburgring mode.

Having said that, my individual profile is everything in sport apart from the chassis (it’s in comfort) so that is about as close as I can get.
Gone: Mk8 GTI Clubsport
Gone: Audi A8
Gone: Mini JCW
Gone: BMW X4M competition
Gone: Porsche 718 Boxster S
Gone: BMW M4 competition

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #15 on: 02 February 2021, 09:29 »
So there you go, you can only feel special if you spend another 900 quid.

Offline joet

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #16 on: 02 February 2021, 10:22 »

Having said that, my individual profile is everything in sport apart from the chassis (it’s in comfort) so that is about as close as I can get.

Hi. If you don't have DCC, what does putting the chassis in comfort mode actually do?

Thanks

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #17 on: 02 February 2021, 11:05 »

Hi. If you don't have DCC, what does putting the chassis in comfort mode actually do?

Thanks

A non-DCC GTI or Clubby has two chasis modes. (no idea about an R)

Some say this is a non-dynamic suspension setting (DCC is dynamic) and others have speculated (I am guessing wrongly) that "VW couldn't be bothered to remove the menu option" and it actually does nothing at all.

My test drive of a non-DCC car suggested there was a difference, albeit a small one.
« Last Edit: 02 February 2021, 11:25 by fredgroves »

Offline joet

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #18 on: 02 February 2021, 11:28 »

Thanks

A non-DCC GTI or Clubby has two chasis modes. (no idea about an R)

Some say this is a non-dynamic suspension setting (DCC is dynamic) and others have speculated (I am guessing wrongly) that "VW couldn't be bothered to remove the menu option" and it actually does nothing at all.

My test drive of a non-DCC car suggested there was a difference, albeit a small one.

Ahh, OK. That makes sense. Thanks. Ordered mine with DCC, so looking forward to exploring the different modes.

Offline mike roberts

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #19 on: 02 February 2021, 13:49 »
BuT MeH SuSpEnSiOn + ARBz NeEdZ To Be sOliD tO Do FaStS  :rolleyes:

I bet it blew some people's tiny minds when they realised that having supple working suspension makes a car faster pretty much everywhere bar Silverstone.
'18 245PP DSG