Author Topic: Software issues  (Read 19156 times)

Offline Tricky tree

• Not said much yet
  • Golf Gti DSG, dolphin grey.
Re: Software issues
« Reply #40 on: 27 January 2021, 15:08 »
Just wanted to post an update. The car’s booked into the dealers next Tuesday for another attempt to sort out the software glitches. A good example is this morning’s drive. The keyless entry failed to work but on the 20 minute drive all was alright. Infotainment (how I hate that word) worked and no error/ assist warnings. Went shopping for 15 minutes and when I approached the car, it unlocked. Started up and immediately got messages that travel assist, front assist and parking sensors front and rear were “not available” or were “restricted.” This continued for the length of the drive home. I’m getting fed up now. I haven’t been able to discuss the problems when making the appointment as the dealer is part of the Johnsons’s Group so appointments are made via a central call centre. I’ll see what service reception say on Tuesday.  :undecided: :angry:

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #41 on: 27 January 2021, 15:18 »
What software version do you have?
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Tricky tree

• Not said much yet
« Reply #42 on: 28 January 2021, 21:01 »
Despite the car being given a "software update" last time it went in 10 days ago, the settings are showing 1664! First question when I take it in on Tuesday.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #43 on: 28 January 2021, 21:16 »
It's still unclear to me what that software version number actually relates to. It could be the infotainment software but if so why is that not upgraded ota like the user guide says it is?

Do you know what build week your car is?
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Offline Tricky tree

• Not said much yet
« Reply #44 on: 30 January 2021, 09:35 »
Not sure what the build week is for mine. It was from stock at the dealers and I collected it on November 19th. There’s a post on another forum suggesting that the software number relates to the infotainment system only. Mine had a blackout, but since the last trip to the dealers it’s been fine. It has been said that the problems occurring with the assist systems stem from the steering wheel and associated wiring and that in some cases a new wheel is required. I’ll just keep taking mine back to the garage until finally fixed and hope that VW will see the cost of warranty claims keep rising and perhaps address the various problems rather than leaving it up to individual dealers to muddle through. Love the car, hate the technology!

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #45 on: 30 January 2021, 09:59 »
You can decode when it was built by a sticker that's inside the drivers door. For the life of me i can't remember where I saw that written down though.

Offline Al1040

• Here all the time
« Reply #46 on: 30 January 2021, 15:43 »
67 Plate Mk 7.5 GTD DSG

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #47 on: 30 January 2021, 16:18 »
That's definitely it. I've seen Germans talking about that sticker.

Offline McCrae1971

• Not said much yet
« Reply #48 on: 31 January 2021, 00:41 »
Getting warning messages regarding parking assist and keyless entry works then doesn’t so booked in at the dealership. Cant believe I’m having these issues on a new car.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #49 on: 31 January 2021, 10:22 »
Parking assist? Do you have parking assist?