Author Topic: What wheels ?  (Read 5684 times)

Offline Kgti8

• Not said much yet
Re: What wheels ?
« Reply #20 on: 07 January 2021, 23:21 »
There is a very good selection of alloys in that catalog there.

I have a GTI ordered with the Estorils but I am being loaded with extra VRT (Ireland) due to the increase in Co2’s, is leaving the standard alloys on and buying upgraded alloys through the catalog a work around? Or is there any downsides to this... Don’t mind what alloys I have as long as it’s not the standard Richmonds...
« Last Edit: 07 January 2021, 23:24 by Kgti8 »
2021 MK8 Manual | Oryx White, Estorils, DCC, Winter Pack, HK, Pan Roof, Rear Camera, Vienna Leather

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 07 January 2021, 23:34 »

I have a GTI ordered with the Estorils but I am being loaded with extra VRT (Ireland) due to the increase in Co2’s, is leaving the standard alloys on and buying upgraded alloys through the catalog a work around? Or is there any downsides to this... Don’t mind what alloys I have as long as it’s not the standard Richmonds...

If I were you I’d stick with the standard wheels and try and source a set of genuine Pretoria 19’s. The hike in VRT and annual motor tax is a crazy price to pay for a wheel upgrade.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #22 on: 08 January 2021, 05:34 »
The 18” Pretorias and 19” Brescias cropping up on a few demo mk8’s right now are promotional “new old stock” being shipped out to dealers from VW UK, £1360 for the 19’s and £1840 for the 19’s including tyres (Contis and Dunlops respectively)
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Maximusbiggus

• Not said much yet
« Reply #23 on: 08 January 2021, 11:44 »

Hey K,

Has this been confirmed for you by your VW dealer? Which model exactly did you go for? A mate of mine has also ordered a Clubsport and added wheels and pan roof but wasn't advised of any increase in VRT...
Mk7.5 GTI DSG Tungsten Silver

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 08 January 2021, 12:01 »

Hey K,

Has this been confirmed for you by your VW dealer? Which model exactly did you go for? A mate of mine has also ordered a Clubsport and added wheels and pan roof but wasn't advised of any increase in VRT...

He's ordered a standard manual GTI and the wheel upgrade definitely triggers the VRT hike in that car. I'm afraid that factory upgraded wheels don't make any financial sense on the standard GTI (In Ireland).

Offline Maximusbiggus

• Not said much yet
« Reply #25 on: 08 January 2021, 13:22 »

Hey K,

He's ordered a standard manual GTI and the wheel upgrade definitely triggers the VRT hike in that car. I'm afraid that factory upgraded wheels don't make any financial sense on the standard GTI (In Ireland).

Ah sound. I went onto the configurator again there and the Clubsport is 170 on the button with all the options he's picked.
The standard GTI shoots right up though and up to 600e per year road tax...ouch!
Mk7.5 GTI DSG Tungsten Silver

Offline Kgti8

• Not said much yet
« Reply #26 on: 08 January 2021, 14:39 »
Yeah that’s it. To be honest I didn’t find my dealer very informative about VRT...

Have been thinking more about it though and have reached out to them to discuss it, will keep you posted what happens.
2021 MK8 Manual | Oryx White, Estorils, DCC, Winter Pack, HK, Pan Roof, Rear Camera, Vienna Leather

Offline Kgti8

• Not said much yet
« Reply #27 on: 08 January 2021, 19:43 »
Waiting to hear back from the dealership but just wondering if I did want to make a change is it possible? I have a build week confirmed, I understand in that case you can make a change but you loose your build slot?

Not sure if I would do anything but would just like to know my options!

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 08 January 2021, 20:21 »
with a confirmed BW you're probably running out of time to make changes, there's probably a certain date at which its "locked in" and you cannot do anymore... best to check with the dealer asap.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #29 on: 08 January 2021, 20:32 »
BW confirmed means they know they have all of the parts to make your car and a time to make it.

Unlikely you will be able to change the order now.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC