Author Topic: Front bumper stolen - I could cry  (Read 8833 times)

Offline scanesare

• I live here
  • GTI Clubsport
Re: Front bumper stolen - I could cry
« Reply #20 on: 23 August 2018, 11:00 »
Unreal that this is happening to the UK I know (knew apparently)... No words other than sympathy

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
« Reply #21 on: 23 August 2018, 12:03 »
Gutted for you mate - my only other thought on the other loom is the parking sensors?
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!

Offline Fewie

• Not said much yet
« Reply #22 on: 23 August 2018, 12:06 »
Gutted for you mate - my only other thought on the other loom is the parking sensors?

I’m sure you’ll be right! In the red mist I forgot about the sensors.
MK7.5 Golf GTI in Isaac Blue with Performance Pack, 19" Brescia's, Dynaudio, Reversing Camera & Climate Screen, ordered 16/05/17.  Counting down the days to collection on September 2nd

Offline rjwojcik

• Here all the time
« Reply #23 on: 23 August 2018, 12:07 »
'kin ar$eholes...

Not the same car but this happened to me sometime ago.  It.s not just the bumper, all the wires were cut so it was a case of soldering new cables, loom.  There was talk on the forums at the time of getting the bolts spot welded to stop them being unscrewed.

Current:
2018 RS4  - Navarra Blue / Black
Gone:
2016 A6 BiTDI - Midnight Blue / Black
2016 Golf GTD with a "lot" of toys
2016 M3 CP - Mineral Grey / Black
2009 135i - Le Mans Blue / Black

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 23 August 2018, 12:22 »
Certainly is'nt. But notified another victim on a different forum and got flamed for talking bullsh1t.. It was a couple of hundred quid shy of 3k.

Had the usual tw4t saying £500 on ebay

Gulf

Can't believe the alarm doesn't go off when the bumper is removed - it's pretty damn ridiculous that someone can just come along and rip it off leaving your car undriveable.

Completely agree. If a large part of the car becomes detached while it's locked, seems absurd that there's nothing to warn you.
7.5 GTD

Offline Fewie

• Not said much yet
« Reply #25 on: 23 August 2018, 13:04 »
Certainly is'nt. But notified another victim on a different forum and got flamed for talking bullsh1t.. It was a couple of hundred quid shy of 3k.

Gulf

Can't believe the alarm doesn't go off when the bumper is removed - it's pretty damn ridiculous that someone can just come along and rip it off leaving your car undriveable.

Completely agree. If a large part of the car becomes detached while it's locked, seems absurd that there's nothing to warn you.

It’s astonishing a large part of the car can be removed without the need for it to be open! A few fixings under the bonnet could stop this type of sneak theft dead.
MK7.5 Golf GTI in Isaac Blue with Performance Pack, 19" Brescia's, Dynaudio, Reversing Camera & Climate Screen, ordered 16/05/17.  Counting down the days to collection on September 2nd

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 23 August 2018, 13:36 »
You'd certainly have thought you'd need the bonnet open to remove the bumper. Which would then trigger the alarm. It's almost worthy of a claim to VW for complete incompetence in design!
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline hog_hedge

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 23 August 2018, 16:36 »

Gulf

I’m not surprised. It’s gotta be around £1500 or maybe more just for a primed bumper, paint and someone to paint the bugger. Then add in all of the other gubbins, labour and recovery I’d say £3k was about right for a stealer job.

Hopefully it get sorted very quickly.

Offline candywhite12

• Here all the time
« Reply #28 on: 23 August 2018, 18:27 »
utter scumbags

I once had the covers for the turn left/right signals on my old mk4 'surgically removed' during the night while the car was parked at my girlfriend's driveway. Couldn't sleep for days, broke up with the gal too... Disgusting.  Hope you get it sorted
Wife's: mk8 TSI 1.4 RL, 5dr atlantic blue, DSG, Norfolk 17", pan s/r, leds
Now: mk7.5 TSI 1.4 RL, 5dr tornado red, DSG, Singapore 17", pan s/r, leds
Before: mk6 GTI 5dr candy white, DSG, Monza Shadow 18", s/r, bi-Xenons, DCC
Even before that: mk5 GT 5dr tornado red, manual, s/r

Offline Fewie

• Not said much yet
« Reply #29 on: 23 August 2018, 18:54 »
After far too long the car has finally been recovered to body shop.  They will conduct an initial assessment tomorrow and inform the insurance company and I of what needs doing. 

I’ve read elsewhere online that the 7.5 GTi / GTd bumper is on back order and has been for a while, hope this isn’t true but it may explain the theft in the 1st place.  If it is a long wait I’ll have an extended stay in the Vauxhall Adam courtesy car I now have.... 😩😩😩