Author Topic: Services  (Read 6175 times)

Offline Restlessnative

• Here all the time
Re: Services
« Reply #30 on: 01 October 2017, 02:51 »
Don't you have to be careful with VW warranties in that the things covered actually reduce over time?

Talking of reliability, I was talking to a bloke I met at a party last weekend and he'd just given back his GTD as company car and he said both he and several others at his company also with GTD's had had water pump impeller failures on 64 plate GTD's.

They've all switched to Volvo V40's now - I had a quick look at it and its a bit meh on the inside.

Jonny D on here had water pump failure on his 40k mile 2 year old GTD.VW fixed it no questions.
Current: Golf GTD MK7  3 door manual carbon grey.

Offline Restlessnative

• Here all the time
« Reply #31 on: 01 October 2017, 03:11 »
Sorry for re raising this but wee question

The car is 17 months old so has the remainder of the 3 year warranty on it

Firstly - as the AC Citroen stamp is on my book for its first service will this invalidate any warranty item i call for if any issues

Secondly - I spoke to VW on the chat when i was awaiting this car and asked about their extended warranty and could i buy this ........he said yes when mines expires to give them a call..........but only think i can find is you ordering that when buying the car from new has anyone any experience of extended VW warranty on a used car?

1) As other have mentioned.The Citroen stamp from AC won't affect your 3 year warranty in any way at all.
What i have noticed with AC service booking.They offer to service your VW at all of their dealerships (within a reasonable distance).Like a Citroen or Fiat dealership.I always choose the VW dealership even if it's further away.It is only common sense.

2)As for warranties.You were probably being told about the 'VW Factory Warranty'.Applicable to cars bought from new with owner wanting to extend it from 3 to 5 years from the very beginning. What you want is the standard 'Extended Warranty'.This covers cars going out of the standard 3 years cover.You can get it regardless of whether you bought it new or not.As long as it has been serviced according to schedule.
Warranty cover is a pretty big minefield.It makes standard car insurance cover look simple.VW are usually one of the best but like with most things-at a price.
I would shop around.All of the moneysaving/comparison sites will quote you.There is also Warranty Direct and Warranty-Wise amongst lots of others.Big savings to be had for similar cover if you do your homework.
In the end.It's all a question of risk management.Do you feel lucky?. :smiley:
« Last Edit: 01 October 2017, 03:25 by Restlessnative »
Current: Golf GTD MK7  3 door manual carbon grey.

Offline Jeni_R_

• Here all the time
« Reply #32 on: 01 October 2017, 07:49 »
Sorry for re raising this but wee question

The car is 17 months old so has the remainder of the 3 year warranty on it

Firstly - as the AC Citroen stamp is on my book for its first service will this invalidate any warranty item i call for if any issues

Secondly - I spoke to VW on the chat when i was awaiting this car and asked about their extended warranty and could i buy this ........he said yes when mines expires to give them a call..........but only think i can find is you ordering that when buying the car from new has anyone any experience of extended VW warranty on a used car?

1) As other have mentioned.The Citroen stamp from AC won't affect your 3 year warranty in any way at all.
What i have noticed with AC service booking.They offer to service your VW at all of their dealerships (within a reasonable distance).Like a Citroen or Fiat dealership.I always choose the VW dealership even if it's further away.It is only common sense.

2)As for warranties.You were probably being told about the 'VW Factory Warranty'.Applicable to cars bought from new with owner wanting to extend it from 3 to 5 years from the very beginning. What you want is the standard 'Extended Warranty'.This covers cars going out of the standard 3 years cover.You can get it regardless of whether you bought it new or not.As long as it has been serviced according to schedule.
Warranty cover is a pretty big minefield.It makes standard car insurance cover look simple.VW are usually one of the best but like with most things-at a price.
I would shop around.All of the moneysaving/comparison sites will quote you.There is also Warranty Direct and Warranty-Wise amongst lots of others.Big savings to be had for similar cover if you do your homework.
In the end.It's all a question of risk management.Do you feel lucky?. :smiley:

Going to look in2 it nearer the time

DH changed the oil amd filter on it himself yday the filter definitely hadnt been changed he used the proper oil long life stuff so at least we knoq WE have put the right oil in and done the filter

Thanks all