Author Topic: Mk7.5 GTi/GTD colours  (Read 172922 times)

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
Re: Mk7.5 GTi/GTD colours
« Reply #370 on: 14 July 2017, 17:35 »
That green looks like a 2,200 Euro option though.....!

I like it, but not enough to pay an extra €2,200 for it though.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
« Reply #371 on: 14 July 2017, 17:51 »
Green is making a come back, recently seen reviews of new SQ5 and RS5 both in green.
... I would never have a car that is the same colour as a hedge. Or a dark grey car that is the same colour as the road. I want a car that can be easily seen and contrasts with its surroundings. Not one that is practically invisible in many conditions.

I'm sure plenty of people disagree with me. After all, they have no problem seeing these cars. However, in the UK, we get plenty of dark rainy days when visibility is poor for everyone. Also, there are plenty of people driving who don't have perfect eyesight.

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #372 on: 14 July 2017, 17:59 »
Green is making a come back, recently seen reviews of new SQ5 and RS5 both in green.
... I would never have a car that is the same colour as a hedge. Or a dark grey car that is the same colour as the road. I want a car that can be easily seen and contrasts with its surroundings. Not one that is practically invisible in many conditions.

I'm sure plenty of people disagree with me. After all, they have no problem seeing these cars. However, in the UK, we get plenty of dark rainy days when visibility is poor for everyone. Also, there are plenty of people driving who don't have perfect eyesight.
Or the same colour as a bus :laugh:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline davyk31

• I live here
« Reply #373 on: 14 July 2017, 18:32 »
Or blue as that might blend in with the horizon :-)

Imagine if they put bright daytime running lights on car so they could be seen more easily, now there is a plan that could take off!!
Mk 7.5 GTi Indium Grey with 19" Brescias

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #374 on: 14 July 2017, 20:04 »
Or blue as that might blend in with the horizon :-)

Imagine if they put bright daytime running lights on car so they could be seen more easily, now there is a plan that could take off!!

Yes think daylight running lights and auto lights have eradicated the problem of grey and black cars...!  :smiley:
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline MrE

• Not said much yet
« Reply #375 on: 02 August 2017, 18:43 »
I still like the white silver....saw my first one in the flesh at Bicester last weekend which got me searching the web again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EM0IH2aG1c

Offline mark64uk

• Not said much yet
« Reply #376 on: 03 August 2017, 19:55 »
I still like the white silver....saw my first one in the flesh at Bicester last weekend which got me searching the web again.

I went for white silver and im glad i did

Offline davyk31

• I live here
« Reply #377 on: 03 August 2017, 20:29 »
Hard to really see the shading of white silver in those pics. Any white silver cars I have seen have been basic Golfs and did not look good so would be keen to see a GTi in the flesh.
Mk 7.5 GTi Indium Grey with 19" Brescias

Offline Shearer9

• Just got here
« Reply #378 on: 03 August 2017, 20:44 »

I went for white silver and im glad i did

Beautiful car. Great choice.

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
« Reply #379 on: 03 August 2017, 21:07 »
Any white silver cars I have seen have been basic Golfs and did not look good so would be keen to see a GTi in the flesh.
If you don't like the colour, I don't think a red stripe and a GTI badge will make much difference.

It does appear to be a marmite colour. Some people really like it. Many people really don't.

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS