Author Topic: Would I be mad to?  (Read 12374 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: Would I be mad to?
« Reply #30 on: 08 May 2016, 14:18 »
I know cars are just hunks of metal but I get seriously attached to mine, so the idea of just swapping it out all the time is a complete mystery to me. Just buy something you really like already!!
Another thing, 3 door Golfs just look weird. Just buy a  Scirocco :whistle:

I'm a bit/lot like Ian and tend to have a fast turnaround of both bits and cars. The only cars I become attached to are my old runabouts which I generally keep until they fall apart.
Ideally I should work in a car dealers and just drive something different every few months then I'd cease to care even less! Maybe I'll consider it as yet again my work seem to be looking at pulling my grade so I'll have to drop down into a lower pay band job, it happens every few years as support staff are generally easier targets than operational staff. Time for something new maybe (once they've 'bought' my job off me with a ridiculous offer). I fancy working for myself but have no useful skills!
I quite fancy a Scirocco myself btw, came close a few times but never close enough.
There are just too many interesting cars on the market so I'd never settle for just being happy with one car once I'd fiddled about with it for a while. It's a good job I'm not like that with women or I'd have nowhere to live, no money and no pension several times over  :lipsrsealed:

I was going on the assumption that young Ian would be planning his next car 45 mins after taking delivery of 'Red R #2" therefore the PCP's are an ongoing thing in a never ending cycle.
I don't think there will ever be a forever car to settle down with, so the PCP's just roll over.
I've never tried a PCP so am not overly familiar with their machinations other from what I've digested on here.

Sounds like you have me summed up Andy ha ha ha.
As much as I love my cars, and trust me I do, cars are my life. I just don't get attached to them. I find the thrill of the chase and always having something round the corner to look forward to keeps me going! Life is way way to short and as I've always said if it's affordable and comfortably within my means I just do it.
Don't worry, I understand fully!
I've always been much the same; buy one, do a few bits to it, sell it, rinse, repeat.

Workmates have long since tired of asking "why'd you change cars again, what was wrong with the last one?"
"Nothing, I just felt like it"  :embarrassed:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #31 on: 08 May 2016, 14:27 »
Talking of Scirocco's, does anyone know why keyless is available on a 3dr roc but not a 3dr Golf ?
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Bungleaio

• Here all the time
« Reply #32 on: 08 May 2016, 18:10 »
It used to be as I have a my16 3door with it.
Abarth 595 Turismo + Classic Mini + Triumph Street Triple RS
Did have 3door DBP GTI PP

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #33 on: 08 May 2016, 19:09 »
It used to be as I have a my16 3door with it.
It mysteriously changed around BW45 last year
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Pinky1959

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #34 on: 09 May 2016, 20:33 »
Completely bonkers idea. Your car ain't that old just now is it? The only person who wins out of this is the dealer

And the next owner !as the car is well looked after immaculate .
does your wife have her own car or just use yours ?
« Last Edit: 09 May 2016, 20:38 by Pinky1959 »

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #35 on: 12 May 2016, 05:31 »
It's all gone a bit quiet from Ian; so when are we expecting the new arrival then?  :grin:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Cossieian

• Here all the time
« Reply #36 on: 12 May 2016, 07:57 »
It's all gone a bit quiet from Ian; so when are we expecting the new arrival then?  :grin:

Andy, I'm still trying my best to squeeze every last penny out of my dealer, even though I think it's a good enough deal, I want to feel like it was worth it if you know what I mean :wink:
I'll keep ya posted :smiley:
Current: MK7 Golf R (Limestone Grey) DSG, 19 Prets, Winter Pack, Rear Camera, High Beam Assist, Apple Connect, Gloss Black Mirrors
Gone: MK7 Golf R (Tornado Red) DSG, Winter Pack, Keyless, Gloss Black Mirrors
Gone: MK7 Golf GTD (Pure White)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #37 on: 12 May 2016, 13:50 »
Ha ha ha! He's having to sing for his supper then!
He should know it'll be worth his while as you'll be back for another by xmas  :grin:

Bon chance with the haggling!
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Cossieian

• Here all the time
« Reply #38 on: 12 May 2016, 21:36 »
Got another 2 quotes from 2 dealers today, they can't even get within £2k of what I've been offered :sad:

One of them actually said that if the quote I've been given is legit then to go and buy it, it's a unbelievably good deal. He actually looked confused as fook as to how they were doing it :huh: Think I'll call tomorrow and make it happen :grin:
« Last Edit: 12 May 2016, 21:39 by Cossieian »
Current: MK7 Golf R (Limestone Grey) DSG, 19 Prets, Winter Pack, Rear Camera, High Beam Assist, Apple Connect, Gloss Black Mirrors
Gone: MK7 Golf R (Tornado Red) DSG, Winter Pack, Keyless, Gloss Black Mirrors
Gone: MK7 Golf GTD (Pure White)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #39 on: 13 May 2016, 05:15 »
Fingers crossed it all goes through ok then. It was rather a good deal.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner