Author Topic: Adult Board??  (Read 6757 times)

AvwgolfA

Re: Adult Board??
« Reply #20 on: 21 September 2005, 14:10 »
I could say more but i really can't be arsed so here's just 2 points.. :huh:

either Wotto didn't jump ship he went down with his boat.. :grin:

Or

He  jumped because he knows the boat is sinking...where's the repair crew.. :tongue: :lipsrsealed:

Fielder5757

« Reply #21 on: 21 September 2005, 15:29 »
what?? Wottos gone!?!?! I didnt know this!! i liked wotto, he was always polite

Offline Agreeable Slick

• Global Moderator
  • Serious forum addict
  • Unit
« Reply #22 on: 21 September 2005, 15:44 »
It wasn't wotto because he's gone now. THink he got fed up of the snide remarks constantly bit like the rest of us tbh.

And someone said the other day that you should expect boobs and the like on a car forum. Yes on max power or something but not this site which is why a lot of people come on here. Usually its a bit more grown up. A car site with some general banter thats safe for work and when you have kids around. If thats not what your after then perhaps you should look somewhere else for that kind of thing and respect what this forum is about and use it the way it was built to be used. I know everyone is guilty of throwing some mud sometimes and some comments are expected but this is endless and I'm getting bored of it. Keep it for pm's or rather the playground and tbh that goes out to everyone!

spot on

Agree completely

Offline golfpro

• I live here
  • If in doubt, pay someone else to do it!
« Reply #23 on: 21 September 2005, 15:45 »
im a bit confuzzled, what have i missed?  :huh:

thats the best mk3 ive seen..ever! its just clean and subtle.. :cool:

Offline Justins145bhpMK1

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 21 September 2005, 16:38 »

YEah, no grot on here cheers. If you want that its hardly difficult to access on that internet is it!

Offline AdamB

• I live here
  • The Perfect Storm
« Reply #25 on: 21 September 2005, 16:40 »
I've not really been following this idea too much, but I can see that there is a strong divide over it.
The only point I have to make is that every one who joined this site, did so because of an interest in Golfs and not because they wanted to see adult content. The site has grown greatly over the past few years, and nearly everything that has been changed on the site, has been done with the original idea in mind - The Golf GTI.
The one problem that was constantly causing aggrevation to the enthusiasts, was the amount of nonsense posted. This was addressed with the introduction of its own, clearly marked, area. This enabled those who wanted to chat about other issues, an area to do so, without others having to wade through threads unrelated to VW's. I think if another non-vw area was added it could just be the start of a move away from the sites original theme and a route that may be hard to come back from.
The site has always been quite family orientated, and this can be seen by the meetings we get at shows, as well as those that have already said they log on with their kids or wives. So, OK - it may be a good idea to have an adult board, but why change a formula that has worked so well over the years, and risk causing a more negative than postive effect.
The phrase "If it isn't broke, don't fix it" would be a fair point I think.
I don't own this anymore - I just can't be arsed to change the picture

Offline Justins145bhpMK1

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 21 September 2005, 16:44 »

Here here Mr AdamB, the content on this site has helped me sort things out time and time again over the last couple of years!

Offline dubslug

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 21 September 2005, 17:06 »
i dunno wots going on here,must have missed something but i joined this site as it was the easiest to use and the most useful, i wouldnt change it if it ainrt broken

1992 pearl grey 8v

Offline Golfgal

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 21 September 2005, 17:16 »
Wotto jumped from his barge  :grin:

I'm jus bitter and preg and cant drink  :laugh: imagen no beer but alcohol free becks  :undecided:

Its not just the adult bored I'm talking about. I think it would be ok in nonsense if the topic had adult content in the header somewhere which is easy to put in?
V5 Beetle owner. I'm just here for the misfire threads....

Offline ...joe

• Forum Supporter
  • Forum addict
« Reply #29 on: 21 September 2005, 18:17 »
i too agree that this site doesn't need an adult board. i didn't read much of the last thread so don't know what went on there but there are plenty of places to swap crap and not safe for work stuff.
my thoughts are the forum has grown and grown and with the extra coverage we've got from the golf+ magazine and tvrgolf's branding we should be trying to make this forum a place people want to be a part of, not another spam site with a slight link to vw's. i joined to talk golfs, it just so happens that there was a nonsense section. not saying i don't enjoy some of the nonense but i think its just fine how it is.
thats my thoughts!
team grumpy....... its a way of life, not a forum post

mail@trimdeluxe.co.uk
www.facebook.com/Trimdeluxe