Author Topic: Times from UK port to dealer  (Read 4498 times)

Offline benmartingolf

• GTI forum regular
Times from UK port to dealer
« on: 14 May 2015, 17:57 »
Hi Guys & Girls

Just wondering what times people found their cars moved from the port in the UK to the dealer?

Mine came into port yesterday so was just curious.

Thanks

Ben
Collect 28th May 2015

GTI MK7, Pure White, 5 Door, DSG, Performance Pack, Discover Pro, Dynaudio, Keyless

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
Re: Times from UK port to dealer
« Reply #1 on: 14 May 2015, 18:50 »
Hi Guys & Girls

Just wondering what times people found their cars moved from the port in the UK to the dealer?

Mine came into port yesterday so was just curious.

Thanks

Ben

Tyne bound cars usually move quite quickly, but my car has been at Emden for 2 weeks today. 2 ships have left Emden for Tyne in the time my car has been there, but the 1st was only a day after. Confident it will move tomorrow or over the weekend - there are 3 Emden to Tyne shippings between tomorrow and Sunday that usually carry VW cars.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Snooze

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 14 May 2015, 19:49 »
Vw quote 7 days
2015 Mk7 Golf Gti 3dr Manual, Carbon Steel Grey, Michelin PS4's

Offline difficultrogue

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 14 May 2015, 19:52 »
Depends on when the dealer requests the car!

mine has been at UK port since last Thursday, but dealer didn't request it until yesterday (apparently no space at dealership) it should be with dealer Monday!

Offline remlapeel

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 14 May 2015, 21:04 »
Mine took just over a week to get to the dealer and then 2 days to me
2015 MK7 Golf R 3 door, DSG, lapiz blue, 19" wheels, winter pack, keyless entry, dynaudio and high beam assist.

Offline benmartingolf

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 14 May 2015, 21:11 »
Mine took just over a week to get to the dealer and then 2 days to me

2 days is quick. My dealer told me if it got delivered on Monday they should be able to get it to me by the weekend.

This next week is going to drag.
Collect 28th May 2015

GTI MK7, Pure White, 5 Door, DSG, Performance Pack, Discover Pro, Dynaudio, Keyless

Offline remlapeel

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 14 May 2015, 21:14 »
Mine was at the dealer this Monday at 11:30am and it was at my door (200 miles away) Wednesday at 4pm
2015 MK7 Golf R 3 door, DSG, lapiz blue, 19" wheels, winter pack, keyless entry, dynaudio and high beam assist.

Offline benmartingolf

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 14 May 2015, 21:18 »
Mine was at the dealer this Monday at 11:30am and it was at my door (200 miles away) Wednesday at 4pm

That's impressive. Hopefully my dealer is under promising and will have it sooner. That is optimistic. Your car looks great, I saw it on another thread. Must be great to have your hands on it. how long were you waiting?
Collect 28th May 2015

Offline remlapeel

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 14 May 2015, 21:34 »
I got my hands on a cancelled order that was already build sat at emden, so in total only waited 6 weeks. It's missing the sat nav I wanted but otherwise is awesome. What have you ordered?

Offline benmartingolf

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9 on: 14 May 2015, 22:28 »
I ordered a GTI PP, DSG, Pure White, Keyless & Tech pack.

Really excited to get it now.

That was lucky to get a cancelled order. I have been pretty lucky to date I ordered 25th Feb and got from stage 3 to stage 6 in the last 8 days.
Collect 28th May 2015