Author Topic: Help with GTD spec  (Read 6248 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: Help with GTD spec
« Reply #10 on: 28 February 2015, 16:34 »
Just toggle the parking switch  :laugh:
It goes from parallel to bay.
You're talking to the person who has two buttons to press every time I get into a 50mph motorway average speed camera section and still manages to balls up the cruise control!!  :laugh:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #11 on: 01 March 2015, 09:21 »
Rear camera and park assist are two different systems and both well worth the money. Something to bare in mind though if you are parallel parking the system looks at the placement of the car in front and behind and they are parked on the kerb then you will too. I must say though it's never done this with me. Having the parking aids has nothing to do with being rubbish at or nervous at parking it just assists you. If you are crap at parking now you'll still be crap even with a camera. Winter pack is well worth the money for just the heated seats.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 01 March 2015, 12:15 »
Winter pack is well worth the money for just the heated seats.

Agree, if you're sticking with the standard cloth upholstery, in which case you get heated seats and heated washer jets for your £360. If you've gone for leather, all you get in the winter pack on a GTI or GTD is the heated washer jets (as heated seats are part of the leather option), and £250 for heated washer jets alone seems a bit steep!
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 01 March 2015, 14:04 »
It's hard to justify even from vw the pricing structure of the winter pack.

Offline Jammy1

• Not said much yet
« Reply #14 on: 01 March 2015, 15:30 »
Rear camera and park assist are two different systems and both well worth the money. Something to bare in mind though if you are parallel parking the system looks at the placement of the car in front and behind and they are parked on the kerb then you will too. I must say though it's never done this with me. Having the parking aids has nothing to do with being rubbish at or nervous at parking it just assists you. If you are crap at parking now you'll still be crap even with a camera. Winter pack is well worth the money for just the heated seats.

My sincere apologies for the misinformation, I didn't mean to offend anyone or belittle the choice of options that people have chosen by saying that both park assist and the camera offer similar functionality I.e. to help you park. 

I shall delete my account to ensure that I don't make the same mistake again as I simply don't deserve to be posting on here.
Golf GTD, Tornado Red, 5dr, Manual, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Keyless and Winter Pack.  Ordered 15/03/14.  Estimated BW22. Confirmed BW25.  Collected 17/07/14.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #15 on: 01 March 2015, 20:25 »

My sincere apologies for the misinformation, I didn't mean to offend anyone or belittle the choice of options that people have chosen by saying that both park assist and the camera offer similar functionality I.e. to help you park. 

I shall delete my account to ensure that I don't make the same mistake again as I simply don't deserve to be posting on here.
I sincerely hope that's cunningly hidden sarcasm/irony Jammy!

All opinions are welcome on here, and yours was hardly unique or not valid.
There are lots of options that I think are a waste of money and others disagree.
And vice versa.
Unlike on a mk6 the standard spec is pretty good and anything added is just a bonus depending on how deep someone's pockets are as just like you said, it's all money down the drain.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline KyleB

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 02 March 2015, 10:41 »
Barring the park assist and the rear view camera the spec you mention sounds excellent (although there may be a slight bias).

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
« Reply #17 on: 02 March 2015, 13:49 »
Doesn't look like it!
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #18 on: 02 March 2015, 16:09 »
Doesn't look like it!

Come back Jammy1!
In my eyes you made a very valid point, and not just in this thread.
I can't park for sh!t as I have no coordination and so specified every possible bit of help I could get!
Park assist I've used 3 times in 16 months and the rear camera is useful for backing onto my (shared) drive and into a dark garage.
Both were cheap options and gimmicky so therefore less money down the drain than a Pro Nav and about the same money as keyless which my dad has as a standard feature on his hideous Nissan; and one which I think is a bit pointless (you don't have to use a key to get in but you have to find a button? You might as well find the key... it's that thing in your pocket next to your testicle right where you can find it easily {obviously with the fairer sex and their massively overstocked handbags it's a different matter} )
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #19 on: 02 March 2015, 19:15 »

You need to grow a thicker skin. I only said that the rear camera and park assist are two sperate things as some people confuse the functionality of them both.