Author Topic: Trackday Question  (Read 2154 times)

Jackie Treehorn

Trackday Question
« on: 14 July 2014, 07:17 »
Hi
I like doing trackdays and have been doing them for a few years now, however i have just ordered my first car without buying it cash, so as I'm going the PCP route with back to invoice gap insurance. Is it still possible to do trackdays? Will they/anyone pay out?

some companies I've used like Manning have had cover with the car insurance and some i had individually cover for trackdays like Morris insurance. But i cant be the only one who has come across this issue, so what have others done to make sure they are covered yet still enjoy the trackday?

thanks in advance
« Last Edit: 14 July 2014, 07:19 by Jackie Treehorn »

Offline Beddie

• GTI forum regular
Re: Trackday Question
« Reply #1 on: 14 July 2014, 10:40 »
I'd have thought it very unlikely that GAP or your own insurer would pay out for any damage incurred whilst on track regardless of whether you have funded the car through outright cash purchase or PCP anyway...
Best to stick to trackday insurance or get cover through a broker such as Greenlight who will do trackday cover (fully comp with double policy excess whilst on track) for £45 per event on all UK tracks with the exception of castle combe  :smiley:
Carbon Grey ED35

Offline monsta

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 14 July 2014, 10:47 »
I'm pretty sure that when I read through my PCP documents it specifically mentioned that you are not allowed to use the car for track days... bit of a risk even with insurance?

Jackie Treehorn

« Reply #3 on: 14 July 2014, 12:03 »
Thanks

@bedie- i always have insurance on track days but never felt i needed gap until this car. As the pcp will mean i have to settle the finance in the case of a right off. And gap from my understanding wont cover the gap (basically). Will look into green light when i return to the uk.

@ monsta i think you are right, just cant believe that every car that has been on track with me has been owned without being on a pcp. Some very nice cars on track do they just wing it?

thinking about I guess as long as i am sensible the chance of needing gap is more likely on the way to the circuit than on track. So perhaps i should just do what i normally do and get trackday insurance and forget about gap worries on trackdays?
« Last Edit: 14 July 2014, 12:25 by Jackie Treehorn »

Offline Bandit127

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 14 July 2014, 19:56 »
What's wrong with Castle Combe? I can think of other tracks I wouldn't take my pride and joy on before Castle Combe.