Author Topic: Rear suspension noise  (Read 12949 times)

Offline tambourine

• Not said much yet
Re: Rear suspension noise
« Reply #10 on: 09 July 2014, 12:38 »
Will they change both the front and the rear shocks?

Offline andrewparker

• Here all the time
« Reply #11 on: 09 July 2014, 14:22 »
Just rears as far as I'm aware. That's certainly where the noise is coming from on mine.
Current – Mk7 Golf R, Night Blue, 5dr, Manual / Mk7.5 Golf R, Indium Grey, Estate, DSG

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 09 July 2014, 22:09 »
Drove for a bit without the stereo on for once and noticed a squeak that was frequent and didn't change with speed, it seemed to go away after 5 miles when I made my first stop for lights, couldn't tell if it was front or back.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline GiT1984

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #13 on: 10 July 2014, 18:28 »
Mines got the DCC and the nearside front "clonks" or "patters" over bumps (depending on the severity and frequency). Funnily enough, when you move into Comfort or Sport the noise goes away - only to return a short while after you move it back to normal (but not immediately, which is even more weird).  :rolleyes:

It's booked in with my local dealer for 2 days - the week after next - so I'll report back! :nerd:

2014 Mk7 GTi - CSG, PP, Leather, DSG, ACC, Pro Nav, Dynaudio, Reversing Camera, Rear Airbags, Winter pack.

2013 Porsche Boxster S

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 12 July 2014, 09:30 »
Be interesting to see what happens with a DCC car. I had mine booked in but couldn't go unfortunately but I've got clunking from the front and squeaks from the rear in all modes.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline andrewparker

• Here all the time
« Reply #15 on: 18 August 2014, 12:35 »
Frustratingly my dealer is claiming these replacement parts are still on stop and they are unable to order them from VW. 3 weeks now and they still can't provide any more information other than that it is a supply chain problem.

Unbelievably my VW dealer is still claiming these parts are not able to be ordered in. 2 months now.
Current – Mk7 Golf R, Night Blue, 5dr, Manual / Mk7.5 Golf R, Indium Grey, Estate, DSG

Offline Mr Savage

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 20 August 2014, 21:24 »
Have VW issued a TPI for this issue? I have clunky suspension & a loud click on full lock and would love some new shock absorbers.
Current - MK7 Golf GTI - Tornado Red, 5 Door, DSG, Performance Pack, Dynamic Chasis Control, Panoramic Sunroof, Discover Navigation, Dynaudio.

On Order - MK7 Golf R - Pearlescent Black, 3 Door, DSG, Vienna Leather, Discover Nav Pro, Rear View Camera, High Beam Assist, Keyless Entry, Dynaudio (Tech Pack)

All gone.

Now;

MK7 Golf R - Lapiz Blue, 5 Door, DSG, Carbon Nappa, Discover Nav Pro.

Offline scotland67

• Not said much yet
« Reply #17 on: 21 August 2014, 11:33 »
I too have knocking/clunking from rear of car over badly surfaced roads.
Car is at dealer today, will report on their findings. Also notchy gearchange being looked at, worst on changing 1st to 2nd gear.

Offline Spartan180

• Just got here
« Reply #18 on: 21 August 2014, 11:47 »
I had this issue. After several trips to the dealership i finally got it solved. They replaced the shops, there is a TPI for this i beleive. the new shock had a different part number to the shocks i had.

Although they "fixed" it, the suspension is still noisy. Just that "clunk" noise is no longer there which is good, however, still a reallly noisy car this is

Offline scotland67

• Not said much yet
« Reply #19 on: 21 August 2014, 13:13 »
Just got the car back. They will fit new rear shock absorbers next week. They say notchy gear change is ok
Any one read long term test in auto express magazine of the gti, the gear linkage was adjusted resulting in a " snappy and precise" shift action. So it can be improved.
I shall wait and see if it improves with more use.