Author Topic: DTUK CRD-T BOX -- GTD 240BHP??  (Read 72598 times)

Offline lostalot

• Just got here
Re: DTUK CRD-T BOX -- GTD 240BHP??
« Reply #70 on: 14 August 2014, 16:47 »
Hello all
had my gtd 2 weeks so nice   fitted my box yesterday but cant push the car as i lost a left front tyre  on the way to work AGHHH
but is every one running  3+1 or 3+2 i have the new box.
Thanks 

Offline Jembo28

• Not said much yet
« Reply #71 on: 15 August 2014, 10:17 »
Has anybody done any actual performance comparison figures yet, either 0-60 or mid range?

I know it's not the be all and end all, but I'm just intrigued to know what sort of acceleration you end up with compared to other cars?

Guess I'm getting excited as my GTD is due for delivery in a couple of weeks now - feels like it's been one helluva wait!

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #72 on: 15 August 2014, 14:21 »
Has anybody done any actual performance comparison figures yet, either 0-60 or mid range?

I know it's not the be all and end all, but I'm just intrigued to know what sort of acceleration you end up with compared to other cars?

Guess I'm getting excited as my GTD is due for delivery in a couple of weeks now - feels like it's been one helluva wait!

Nope, but I know it'll outdo a Civic R type easily, and will just about outdo an old Focus ST (225PS?), a 2.0TFSI TT MK2 and a 245ps 3.0TDI A6 in the 50-90 range. Off the line you'll struggle to put all that torque down without 4wd, but once you're in 3rd you're fine.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline corgi

• I live here
« Reply #73 on: 15 August 2014, 16:29 »

I reckon there'll be negligible difference in 0-60 time with the tuning box on as you're already traction limited without the box in first and second gear...

If you want something fast 0-60 don't buy a a front wheel drive diesel. You'll not win many races at Santa Pod...

In general road driving I reckon the performance difference will be very apparent... mid range, 50-70, 70-90 etc. on though...

Carbon Grey Metallic, GTD 3 Door Manual, Dynaudio and Advanced Phone Prep
In the Garage: 2010 Jaguar XKR 5.0 Supercharged Convertible replaced 2004 911 (996) Carrera 4S Cabriolet (15/3/15)

Offline virginVWman

• Here all the time
« Reply #74 on: 15 August 2014, 16:37 »
Ita 6.5 0-60. I was on an ever so slight downhill when trying today and achieved 6.1. Carmaddad has a video with and witjout box. He manages 6.7 I beleieve. The difference is great from 3rd onward but there is a difference in second!!!!! You just cant nail it in first as the wheela just light up
Mk VII 3dr GTD in DBP
Fitted DTUK Stage 2 (CRD-T)

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #75 on: 15 August 2014, 16:52 »

Just a few posts down!!  http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=268925.0
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline rash149

• Just got here
« Reply #76 on: 20 August 2014, 19:37 »
Where in Wales are you??

Lots of Corsa VXR's around South Wales; they're fun to wind up  :whistle: :evil:

Down south in Newport. I see a fair few vxr's here and there. I'll wind up the next one I come across and see what happens  :grin:

You definitely notice the box more when you take it off. You quickly get used to the extra power when you stick it on. Let us all know your results with the "signpost" test or similar.

Ok I feel like a bit of a k**b now... Put the car back to normal on saturday and I definitely noticed the decrease in power. Low down its similar (though still noticeable compared to box) but high end there is a big difference. Anyone know of a dyno near this area? (south wales) Im curious to know what this car is pushing in stock compared to dtuk box fitted.

Im also trying to fiddle around to see which map gives best mpg, i tried a 200 mile journey going at 70mph with map 3 minus 3 and i got 49mpg (mfd stated 64mpg) which is basically the same as i what got on a 120 mile journey using 3 + 2. Any one else played around with the maps to get good mpg?

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #77 on: 20 August 2014, 20:06 »
Give me a shout if you want to try a proper remap  :wink:

Offline Andrew@DTUK

• Forum Supporter
  • Here all the time
« Reply #78 on: 20 August 2014, 21:49 »

That no doubt causes issues with TD1 too :)

And before you say anything , that's come from a highly respected Belgium remapper we supply that shared the info about the latest CMD updates :)
Are you looking to tune your Golf GTI or GTD? Were currently offering members £80 off the full RRP on all DTUK Petrol and Diesel Tuning Systems.

PM me for the discount code

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #79 on: 20 August 2014, 22:08 »

That no doubt causes issues with TD1 too :)

And before you say anything , that's come from a highly respected Belgium remapper we supply that shared the info about the latest CMD updates :)

Remapping / fitting a tuning box has risks no matter which way you look at it.  What happens if an engine goes bang?? Upon inspection they will find what caused it and realise that the engine was running above factory levels even if you remove the map and or box

I know plenty of people who have mapped their cars from day one and have NEVER had a single issue with claiming on warranty  :smiley:

You'll run into problems if you hide the fact they you have modified your vehicle from day one.