Author Topic: R on the way  (Read 3396 times)

Offline Arena8

• GTI forum regular
  • "A mans a man fur aw that"
Re: R on the way
« Reply #10 on: 23 March 2014, 20:01 »
Good px on the 35?

Mush better than expected but i was told that there is still a premium sweet spot on Mk6 ED35's so i got a very good trade in value and even better regardless of when R appears no further depreciation loss to me in anyway. Trade in price guarenteed

Edition 35 * Deep Black * RNS 510 Sat Nav * ACC * Park Assist with camera * Luxury Pack - Folding mirrors * Sunroof * Coloured DIS * ED35 Dice* Interior LED bling* ED35 footrest* 35 rear badge* Mudflaps- fronts customised fit

Offline Jimmy Filth

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 23 March 2014, 20:03 »
19" Cadiz aren't an option over here.  Annoyingly the continent also gets the option of black Pret's and black mirrors.

EVO magazine have recently named the R the best hot hatch, with the Megane second.  I'm starting t get really fidgety about mine arriving!

I agree that the Cadiz weren't to my taste either. 
7R 5 door.  Limestone Grey.  19" Pretoria's, Leather, DCC, Winter pack, keyless entry, rear camera.

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 23 March 2014, 21:17 »
Nice write up there mate! :afro: really starting to get to know mine now and it just gets better and better, you won't be disappointed!

19" Cadiz aren't an option over here.  Annoyingly the continent also gets the option of black Pret's and black mirrors.

EVO magazine have recently named the R the best hot hatch, with the Megane second.  I'm starting t get really fidgety about mine arriving!

I agree that the Cadiz weren't to my taste either. 

The black mirrors are a no cost option here now too. ;)
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Jimmy Filth

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 23 March 2014, 21:54 »
Bugger, I'm having to buy mine from the dealer at £40 a piece :)
7R 5 door.  Limestone Grey.  19" Pretoria's, Leather, DCC, Winter pack, keyless entry, rear camera.

Offline mistertee

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #14 on: 23 March 2014, 22:23 »
Had my gti for 4 months and i saw an r at the dealerships. Very subtle styling.. I like it!

Offline Arena8

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #15 on: 23 March 2014, 23:03 »
Had my gti for 4 months and i saw an r at the dealerships. Very subtle styling.. I like it!

Yes very subtle, I think the GTI got the best front end and the R the best rear.

I wouldn't have wanted the front end to be 'Shouty' but it could have been a tad more different!

Edition 35 * Deep Black * RNS 510 Sat Nav * ACC * Park Assist with camera * Luxury Pack - Folding mirrors * Sunroof * Coloured DIS * ED35 Dice* Interior LED bling* ED35 footrest* 35 rear badge* Mudflaps- fronts customised fit

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #16 on: 23 March 2014, 23:43 »
I was actually pleasantly surprised when I saw the front in the flesh.  Subtle, yes, but more aggressive than pictures suggest and though the rear is more overtly aggressive, front and rear don't look at odds with each other.   Overall, understated stealthy styling hints at the power within.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 24 March 2014, 11:15 »
All i can say is 'Punch it Bishop'  :grin: :grin: :grin: :evil: :grin: :grin: :whistle: :whistle:

Awesome Aliens reference  :cool:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 24 March 2014, 18:13 »
congratulations its a superb motor and way it does it business up to 70 is rather nice and i think the fate of the wife's pirelli is sealed and not cursed with that much understeer, still yet to get the traction control light on and i've been trying, by the time the torque of a mapped 7 GTI kicks in you will be long gone :)

defiantely some love for the 35 at the moment in terms of trade in

Offline Arena8

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #19 on: 24 March 2014, 19:15 »
All i can say is 'Punch it Bishop'  :grin: :grin: :grin: :evil: :grin: :grin: :whistle: :whistle:

Awesome Aliens reference  :cool:

Few better references describe this rocket  :laugh: