Author Topic: insurance  (Read 2811 times)

Offline Deefadog

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,315
  • Mk2 16V (November 89)
Re: insurance
« Reply #10 on: 30 August 2005, 19:41 »
Brentacre - best by far for me under £400 fully comp on a 16v with mods!

Also performance insurance have just re-jangled things so they might be good!!
My 89 16v  /  Essential golf links

Offline shaft69

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,790
Re: insurance
« Reply #11 on: 30 August 2005, 23:08 »
Try first alternative cost me £347yr flux wanted £750 renewal and been with flux 3yrs could beat first alternative.
MK4 1.8t bored/stroked 2.0lt AEG crank, 83mm supertech pistons, intergrated rods, ACL race brgs, Flowed large port head, Supertech valves, All ARP bolts, GTX2871r turbo, Tial wastegate, 3" pipewerx dp, REVO stage 3 tune, Direct port water meth, MORE TO COME!!! Ready to go racing
Owner of bndynamix ltd. BMW and mini specialist
184 Wallgate, Wigan
WN3 4AL
07966492823.

Offline Dizzie

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 4,884
  • Make friends with your fast
Re: insurance
« Reply #12 on: 30 August 2005, 23:12 »
I'm gonna call a few more people this year. Brentacre is doing me for £850 at the moment with everything declared and a value of £6000. I'm allowed to run up to 210bhp on that. if I take it up to 300bhp they'll be wanting another £350.
Mk2 Golf GTi restoration - https://youtu.be/s-Jj5bABxM8

Offline ...joe

  • Forum Supporter
  • Forum addict
  • *****
  • Posts: 6,269
Re: insurance
« Reply #13 on: 30 August 2005, 23:24 »
i've been with HIC for years but recently i've heard alot of bad things about them and adrian flux in regards to paying out after a claim, which means i'm gonna look around next time. i've been reccomended brentacre and privilage. the guy i know with privilage pays more than i thought he would but he's claimed off them loads with no problems whatsoever.
team grumpy....... its a way of life, not a forum post

mail@trimdeluxe.co.uk
www.facebook.com/Trimdeluxe

Offline The Hoax

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 214
Re: insurance
« Reply #14 on: 31 August 2005, 00:11 »
Dear Mr Small fox

I am a fellow Golf enthusiast and also the Insurance Undewriter Manager for Norwich Union plc. I thank you for your belated candour and also for the clear pictorial representation of your vehicle registration number within your signature picture.

I have to advise you that your policy with us is cancelled with immediate effect and that it will be my recommendation that no evidence of no claim discount is forwarded to you or any third party.

I must also warn you that your details will be submitted to the shared insurance data resource. All details are of course covered by the Data Protection Act, therefore you will have an opportunity to access and dispute any pesonal details held with respect to you.

It is with regret that I take these actions and should you wish to discuss this matter then please do not hesistate to contact me during normal office  on 01355 806943.
« Last Edit: 31 August 2005, 00:24 by The Hoax »

Offline hachi-roku

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 36
Re: insurance
« Reply #15 on: 31 August 2005, 08:28 »
My friend claimed with Adrian Flux, the whole thing was sorted in about 2 months, and they paid exactly what they said they would, no messing about.

I seem to find no problem with them :)

As for them being the cheapest, it's sadly going to be different for different people, they seem to be the cheapest for me and certainly worth checking.... but there might be better out there.

Offline ex_ford_lover

  • Just got here
  • *
  • Posts: 2
Re: insurance
« Reply #16 on: 31 August 2005, 20:04 »
car just sold- vts 2400 with prudential, gti 16v about to be purchased, 1y no claims, area c post code, 18, optional motorsport day cover with admiral 2000

No parents insurance here i work for my cars :grin: lol

Offline the.little.fox

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 125
Re: insurance
« Reply #17 on: 01 September 2005, 09:05 »
god I hate people who go on their parents insurance. A few people I know do, not only that but they don't even pay for their bit!

Well cheeky. At least we build up no claims hey?x