Author Topic: GTD - Tank Range  (Read 8594 times)

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
Re: GTD - Tank Range
« Reply #20 on: 16 April 2014, 02:29 »
515 miles from the first tank - but the dealer had put the fuel in so assume not brimmed!

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #21 on: 16 April 2014, 07:56 »
I get about 440 miles from my tank, it's all relative to your commute length and how you drive the car, so hard to say how good or bad that is, although whatever you're doing, you're on the good end unless you're having to drive like a nun on long journeys to achieve it.

If I was paying a visit to relatives in Southampton, from Newcastle and maintaining 75-80mph on the motorways and dual carriageways, I’d probably be doing a true 55mpg (570 miles from full to “zero” in the MFD), as it is around the doors with a heavy right foot and a 12 mile each way commute, I do about 44mpg (450 miles). For you to get 515 miles from your full tank, I doubt you’ve been short changed by the dealership – probably been filled to first click at the pumps, which is all you should put in anyway to avoid overspill on the move.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline CR4ZYHOR5E

• Not said much yet
« Reply #22 on: 16 April 2014, 13:28 »
About 450 miles is about right, although I bet you could stretch to 525-550 is his driving conservatively.