Author Topic: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread  (Read 797932 times)

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
Re: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread
« Reply #950 on: 10 September 2015, 21:06 »
You shouldn't be getting any messages due to temperature or wear and it is supposed to tell you which tyre has had the sudden loss. Mine has twice on both punctures I've had.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #951 on: 10 September 2015, 21:24 »
I have a cloudy memory of it telling me which tire when I had a puncture but not when I swapped the tyres round front to rear but then again this could all have been a dream  :whistle:
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG

Offline itavaltalainen

• I live here
  • VCDS and VCP - fault codes, coding, VIM activation
« Reply #952 on: 10 September 2015, 21:35 »
Buddy I had 5 or 6 tyre pressure warnings in the almost 80k miles I've done in it, 2 of them did not tell me which tyre supposedly had a pressure loss but just to check pressures in general.
Once was with winter tyres, pumped tyres up to accomodate for extra weight (beer cases are heavy mind you ;) )  in Austria in low temperatures (-10), got a warning in the much warmer UK to check pressure (well above 0) and after running it at high speed up the M40.

The other was when I wacked winter tyres on in the spring to drive over from UK to continent for emergency but could not reset the tyre pressure in car setup as my touch screen was unresponsive.

So there are two fault modes when it comes to triggering warning, one is where one tyre has a significantly different rolling diameter to the others (as measured by ABS ring pulses), the other is when the rolling diameter on all changes relatively quickly over a short period of time.

Now most people will ever only see the one regarding puncture, i.e. sudden loss in just one tyre but I can guarantee there is a second fault mode :)
2019 Seat Leon ST FR DSG 135kW - eclipse orange - 23k miles

Offline GeoBog

• Here all the time
« Reply #953 on: 10 September 2015, 23:21 »
I confirm the above, I had twice the warning coming on the screen about loss of pressure without specifying which tyre. Obviously I believed it was a false alarm on both occasions as the pressure was fine when I checked it. I had to just reset the system to make the light on the dash go off. Not had a puncture yet so can't confirm if it shows which tyre is damaged.
2020 VW T-Cross SEL
2020 Renault Megane RS Trophy 300
2012 Fiat 500 Twinair
2007 Renault Megane 2
------------------------------------------
The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #954 on: 11 September 2015, 07:54 »
Buddy I had 5 or 6 tyre pressure warnings in the almost 80k miles I've done in it, 2 of them did not tell me which tyre supposedly had a pressure loss but just to check pressures in general.
Once was with winter tyres, pumped tyres up to accomodate for extra weight (beer cases are heavy mind you ;) )  in Austria in low temperatures (-10), got a warning in the much warmer UK to check pressure (well above 0) and after running it at high speed up the M40.

The other was when I wacked winter tyres on in the spring to drive over from UK to continent for emergency but could not reset the tyre pressure in car setup as my touch screen was unresponsive.

So there are two fault modes when it comes to triggering warning, one is where one tyre has a significantly different rolling diameter to the others (as measured by ABS ring pulses), the other is when the rolling diameter on all changes relatively quickly over a short period of time.

Now most people will ever only see the one regarding puncture, i.e. sudden loss in just one tyre but I can guarantee there is a second fault mode :)
I thought this last night but didn't think the system was that clever haha I check mine every week so I've never had the "other" warning come up.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline dv52

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #955 on: 11 September 2015, 09:12 »
 My understanding is that Mk7s come both with and without position monitoring for the TMPS.
Don

« Last Edit: 11 September 2015, 10:39 by dv52 »
103TSI Highline ROW (my13)

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #956 on: 12 September 2015, 10:46 »
Interesting. I've only ever seen the generic warning to check my tyres.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Olifran

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #957 on: 12 September 2015, 17:07 »
Mine has position monitoring. Came on the other week when I had a nail in front left. Mines a November 64 plate.
Now - MK7.5 R in Pure White with DCC.
Gone - 2014 Mk7 GTI DSG Pure White - Discover Nav - Park Assist - Winter Pack.

Offline adamgroves

• Not said much yet
« Reply #958 on: 16 September 2015, 20:33 »
I've had an intermittent issue with Eds Golf R lights ever since i've had them, the car displays a bulb our error with the left drl when indicating left.

I've tried all sorts of coding to remove this, even thought the lights are plug and play. Ed has also suggested various things but still haven't been able to resolve this.

Could someone with a GT TDI post a vcds scan of their car? It would be a big help.

I want to compare the coding for the BCM in cent elec
2013 GT TDI DSG : Black : 18in Santiago Reps : Golf R Mirrors : Golf R Spoiler : LED Rear lights : GTD Sideskirts : DTUK CRD-T

Offline dv52

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #959 on: 16 September 2015, 23:18 »
I've had an intermittent issue with Eds Golf R lights ever since i've had them, the car displays a bulb our error with the left drl when indicating left.

I've tried all sorts of coding to remove this, even thought the lights are plug and play. Ed has also suggested various things but still haven't been able to resolve this.

Could someone with a GT TDI post a vcds scan of their car? It would be a big help.

I want to compare the coding for the BCM in cent elec

Adam: Whilst it's difficult to be sure about your fault, given that the problem affects only the left side DRL (and not the right side) and because the other functions of the LHS DRL are working OK, I'd be surprised if the cause is in the BCM coding string (I assume that your car has the high level BCM fitted).

IMO, the more likely cause may be the adaptation settings for the LHS DRL. Not sure how familiar you are with Leuchte programming, but there are two "Leuchte-sets" that manage the LHS DRL;
  • Leuchte4TFL LB4 controls the left DRL power supply, and
  • Leuchte2SL VLB10 controls left DRL lamp
Each of these Leuchte-set contains 19 x adaptation channels.

The settings of the two Leuchte-sets for the DRLs on a mk7 are relatively complex because the lamp does many functions (i.e. DRL, Parking light, One sided Park and DRL wink). But, checking the values on these Leuchte-sets might be helpful given the specific, albeit intermittent nature of your problem (IMO).

Perhaps a good first place to start might be the settings for the DRL wink function. You don't specifically say whether your car has DRL wink (some mk7 models don't), but I assume that it does from the description in your post. DRL wink on the LHS lamp is controlled by the setting Blinken links aktiv (beide Phasen). Do you have this setting on your car in any of the channels of the two Leuchte-sets that I identify above? This setting generally appears in Leuchte channel ( 8 ) on the BCM mappings that I have seen, but they could be elsewhere in the Leuchte-set. If so, then the Dimmwert setting for the related alpha-channel should be 0 and the dimming direction setting should be minimum. If you don't have the Blinken links aktiv (beide Phasen) setting on your car, do you have Blinken rechts aktiv (beide Phasen) setting on the RHS DRL (which is on the Leuchte5 TFL RB3 & Leuchte3SL VRB21 Leuchte-sets)?

Of course, the other issue could be wiring, or the physical fitting - is the light assembly compatible with the Leuchte4TFL LB4 functionality (i.e. power supply requirements)?

Don
PS: have you made an adaptation channel map of the BCM on your car since making the VCDS changes? If so, can you post the admap somewhere where we can see your Leuchte settings and the equipment hardware/software details for your vehicle?

« Last Edit: 17 September 2015, 01:44 by dv52 »
103TSI Highline ROW (my13)