http://www.greenmotor.co.uk/2013/09/vw-golf-7-gtd-review.html?m=1

Posted this is in review section but looks good in the c.g
Mk VII 3dr GTD in DBP
Fitted DTUK Stage 2 (CRD-T)

Offline Buddy

• Not said much yet
Re: GTD+
« Reply #31 on: 06 October 2013, 22:17 »
Car came with the middle map setup. I've had it on the top map and second from top map for much of the weekend... No smoke with either and so for now I've left it in top. Feck me it's properly quick now  :laugh:

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #32 on: 07 October 2013, 00:20 »
Car came with the middle map setup. I've had it on the top map and second from top map for much of the weekend... No smoke with either and so for now I've left it in top. Feck me it's properly quick now  :laugh:

You've probably gone from somewhere around 215PS on the mid map to the full 235PS (or as close to that as reality is). Have you got a list if all the maps and what they're supposed to be doing performance/eco wise?
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline AMarsh

• Not said much yet
« Reply #33 on: 07 October 2013, 14:50 »
I am really really tempted by this.  For £300 it does seem a bit of a no brainer. 

Couple of questions...

1) Does this invalidate your warranty?  My GTD is a PCH and it does concern me that if anything unrelated goes wrong - it is a new model and it wouldn't surprise me to have a few teething problems - the dealer will be unwilling to fix;

2) Did you let your insurance know?  If so, how much difference did it make to your quote?

Cheers,

Andrew

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #34 on: 07 October 2013, 15:31 »
These boxes are designed to be used and removed without trace, so no warranty considerations as long as you are able to remove it before it goes to the dealers. Insurance is another matter. If you are confident you will never have a front end collision you could always be in a position to remove it following a bump, best to stay within the law when you risk invalidating your insurance on a £26k car as insurance companies already do all they can to wriggle out of a claim. Many insurance companies are remap friendly to 20% increase, for an additional fee.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Buddy

• Not said much yet
« Reply #35 on: 07 October 2013, 19:35 »

You've probably gone from somewhere around 215PS on the mid map to the full 235PS (or as close to that as reality is). Have you got a list if all the maps and what they're supposed to be doing performance/eco wise?

It's a straight sliding scale of max eco to max performance. 7 jumper positions. 1 being max eco, 4 being how it came and 7 being max performance.

Will get round to doing a pre and post economy add-up eventually but for now its hard not to be putting my foot down at every opportunity just to feel the huge lump of torque. The power comes in fractionally sooner, is far more aggressive when you ask for it and best of all is sustained further into the rev range. 6th gear which was a bit limp before, now feels like its kicking down to 5th even from 2,000 rpm. At the other end of the scale, traction control which was lighting up now and then when pulling off hard in 1st, now even wants to intervene in 3rd if I floor it.

Money well spent and as much power as I could want for to be fair, although I'm v interested in trying out one of the dual channel systems out there to see if it feels much quicker. I don't get how a tuning box can actually adjust the turbo boost pressure without writing to the ecu. I wonder if any of the tuning guys on the forum could explain the science behind it  :nerd:

Offline Bruce

• Not said much yet
« Reply #36 on: 07 October 2013, 20:44 »
The boost signal is just modified in the same way the fuel rail pressure is with single channel boxes. i.e tells the ecu the boost is lower than it actually is so the ecu won't open the control valve until a higher boost pressure is present.
Sounds like there are good gains to be had. Will be getting one of these as soon as my car arrives. I have a 10hz gps performance box so will do some comparisons.
Only 3 weeks to go  :laugh: (I hope)!
BW39 GTD Red, 19's, ACC, Dynaudio, Reverse Cam.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #37 on: 08 October 2013, 07:12 »
aren't maximum readings of engine control units stored in the memory? so if anything does go wrong vw will be able to tell. how certain are you that is 100% untraceable?
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline andyk11

• Not said much yet
« Reply #38 on: 08 October 2013, 18:32 »
It's a straight sliding scale of max eco to max performance. 7 jumper positions. 1 being max eco, 4 being how it came and 7 being max performance.

Will get round to doing a pre and post economy add-up eventually but for now its hard not to be putting my foot down at every opportunity just to feel the huge lump of torque. The power comes in fractionally sooner, is far more aggressive when you ask for it and best of all is sustained further into the rev range. 6th gear which was a bit limp before, now feels like its kicking down to 5th even from 2,000 rpm. At the other end of the scale, traction control which was lighting up now and then when pulling off hard in 1st, now even wants to intervene in 3rd if I floor it.

Money well spent and as much power as I could want for to be fair, although I'm v interested in trying out one of the dual channel systems out there to see if it feels much quicker. I don't get how a tuning box can actually adjust the turbo boost pressure without writing to the ecu. I wonder if any of the tuning guys on the forum could explain the science behind it  :nerd:

Great to hear how you're getting on with the box  :smiley:

How has it affected the different driving modes i.e. Normal, Sport?  Is there still a noticeable difference between them?
Tornado Red GTD ordered 25th April, confirmed BW34. Built sometime in BW36, now in the UK and delivered 27/09 :-)

Offline Bruce

• Not said much yet
« Reply #39 on: 08 October 2013, 19:10 »
aren't maximum readings of engine control units stored in the memory? so if anything does go wrong vw will be able to tell. how certain are you that is 100% untraceable?
The box modifies the rail (or rail and boost) pressure sensor signals. As far as the ecu is concerned they are within normal ranges. The car has no way of knowing if the signal it receives from a sensor has been modified. IMHO it is 100% untraceable.
BW39 GTD Red, 19's, ACC, Dynaudio, Reverse Cam.