Author Topic: GTD Sound Actuator  (Read 85005 times)

Offline KyleB

• I live here
Re: GTD Sound Actuator
« Reply #90 on: 11 January 2014, 23:10 »
Great pics Carlos, calipers look good. Exhaust is definitely different to mine too so sport and sound pack must alter exhaust

Would love to hear it if you could post a video maypte.

Offline Skinnee D

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #91 on: 13 January 2014, 19:31 »
Nice one Carlos - that does look like the German version with the loudspeaker system in the exhaust (will there be a Dynaudio option? :grin:)
Full marks to VW for more misleading online descriptions - underselling for a change...
GTD + 3 pedals :-)

Offline Climb_Ne

• Not said much yet
« Reply #92 on: 14 January 2014, 22:25 »
My cars due to be built next week and I managed to spec the sport and sound so I hope this is the package I receive. Based on the GTI pictures pure white and the red really goes together well.

Offline Mk1Macca

• I live here
« Reply #93 on: 17 January 2014, 10:21 »
http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?149407-golf-mk7-gtd-sound-actuator

This thread seems to give a bit more detail on the system.

Anyone know if it might be possible to buy the exhaust section separately? I don't want the speaker in the exhaust (that just seems weird), but removing the rear box should give it a bit more of a grumble.

Offline monsta

• I live here
« Reply #94 on: 17 January 2014, 17:44 »
That's quite a grumble, surprising they don't offer that on Euro GTI models too?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6bl-oRfY8w#t=33

Offline C2K

• Here all the time
  • Northern Monkey
« Reply #95 on: 19 January 2014, 15:23 »
Had it shown me the exhaust on the configurator I would likely have specced it. Having no clue what the package did from the configurator description, I'm surprised anyone did!
5 Door Night Blue GTD
Dynaudio, 19" Santiago Alloys, Adaptive Chassis, Leather Pack, Winter Pack, Reverse Camera.

Bianca White 306 Rallye (Supercharged + Caged) : Melting Silver F54 Mini Clubman Cooper S

Offline AdmiralGant

• Not said much yet
« Reply #96 on: 21 January 2014, 21:11 »
Just had my GTD delivered today at home - I ordered it back in August when there was no Sport and Sound pack, however it definately has the actuator fitted and sounds a beast in Sport mode even at low ish revs - the exhaust however is standard system - the car was built just before Christmas

Having had 5 BMWs and 2 Mercs before this I must say the fit and finish is just as good and the carbon grey paint work looks stunning even on a damp dull day like today.
Fleet

On Order - BMW 330d M Sport with M Sport Plus pack, voodoo lights, adaptive cruise, dampers - Battleship

Decommissioned 20/1/16 - GTD Mk 7 DSG 5dr Carbon Grey, ACC, Winter Pack, Class - Pocket Battleship (Flagship) - commissioned 21/1/14

Seat Ibiza FR TDI 130, Flame Red, Class - Frigate - commissioned 01/09/07

Suzuki Jimny 1.3 JLX+, quasar grey, Class - destroyer - commissioned 30/11/08

Suzuki Bandit 650, red, Class - covette - commissioned 01/09/05

Offline jivemonkey

• Here all the time
« Reply #97 on: 21 January 2014, 21:33 »
Just had my GTD delivered today at home - I ordered it back in August when there was no Sport and Sound pack, however it definately has the actuator fitted and sounds a beast in Sport mode even at low ish revs - the exhaust however is standard system - the car was built just before Christmas

Having had 5 BMWs and 2 Mercs before this I must say the fit and finish is just as good and the carbon grey paint work looks stunning even on a damp dull day like today.

Congrats on the car!

Glad you see it didn't take you too long to stick it in sport and take it for a spin  :grin: How do you find how it holds on to 2nd with DSG..?
Golf VII GTD | 5dr DSG | Deep Pearl Black | Dynaudio | Winter Pack | High Beam Assist | "Advanced" Phone Prep

Offline AdmiralGant

• Not said much yet
« Reply #98 on: 21 January 2014, 21:59 »
Thanks Jivemonkey.

It is only the beginning but I can already feel a love affair brewing...

I put it in Sport on the touch screen of display - I assume this puts the gearbox into sport too - only did it once out of a junction and it sounded great going up through the gears but I did not want to rev it over 3000rpm yet. She had only 7 miles on the clock this morning.

Got a trip to Gloucestershire Thursday - back Friday, so it should have 500 miles clocked then and can hopefully report what it is like in more detail.

Admiral G
Fleet

On Order - BMW 330d M Sport with M Sport Plus pack, voodoo lights, adaptive cruise, dampers - Battleship

Decommissioned 20/1/16 - GTD Mk 7 DSG 5dr Carbon Grey, ACC, Winter Pack, Class - Pocket Battleship (Flagship) - commissioned 21/1/14

Seat Ibiza FR TDI 130, Flame Red, Class - Frigate - commissioned 01/09/07

Suzuki Jimny 1.3 JLX+, quasar grey, Class - destroyer - commissioned 30/11/08

Suzuki Bandit 650, red, Class - covette - commissioned 01/09/05

Offline PReardon78

• Just got here
« Reply #99 on: 24 January 2014, 14:30 »
Hi

Fantastic looking car, I ordered mine in November with the Sport & Sound Pack, it is due at the end of March so am keeping fingers crossed it will have the difference exhaust and red callipers.

Enjoy