Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2860698 times)

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #12660 on: 28 December 2022, 22:34 »
Doh! That was meant to reply to EB2019’s post.
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.

Offline EB2019

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12661 on: 29 December 2022, 08:27 »
 :grin: I wonder how many had buyers remorse?  I think that would be a good topic for a forum, Buyers remorse for car mods or car purchase, I wonder how honest people would be.

Strangely the golfmk7.com forum seems alive and kicking, but lots of random stuff too
« Last Edit: 29 December 2022, 08:51 by EB2019 »

Offline madstaff

• I live here
« Reply #12662 on: 29 December 2022, 09:12 »
Possibly the time of year too is why it's a big quiet.

Normally a bit busier than this.
2017 Clubsport Edition 40 #706.

Urano grey, 3 Door, Manual, Recaros, Brescias, DCC, Nav Pro, Black roof & tints.

Offline P6GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #12663 on: 29 December 2022, 12:43 »

Or they are intelligently just quietly keeping hold of them.
[/quote]

I think lots are doing just that. And looking at the used market for good 7 and 7.5 GTIs as opposed to GTDs and Rs tends to confirm. I’m pretty sure that in “times past” lots of GTI owners would have moved to “the latest version” by now, myself included.

Reasons why not are many, varied and complex, like the world we now live in.

Buyer’s remorse for me is limited to the fact I would have ticked several more options if I had thought I would keep the car as long as I intend to.

2019 5Dr Mk7.5 Performance DSG. Indium Grey with DCC (and TCR spoiler)

(Previously two Mk7 GTIs, Mk6 GTI and Mk6 GTD)

Offline P6GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #12664 on: 29 December 2022, 13:08 »
As usual I have gone off the topic. I will get back on track.
So, I’ve just fitted to new PS5s on the front to replace the PS4s. Then just booked “big” Jan service after which will buy an VW “All In” package as I plan to keep the car at least two more years.
I’ve added/changed around a dozen wee bits and pieces since new but run out of things I want to do.
Now I just try to keep it clean and shiny. It’s still a head turner and conversation starter, even with people who are not into their cars.
2019 5Dr Mk7.5 Performance DSG. Indium Grey with DCC (and TCR spoiler)

(Previously two Mk7 GTIs, Mk6 GTI and Mk6 GTD)

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #12665 on: 29 December 2022, 14:02 »
Mine has been telling me it needs an oil service in a few hundred miles, I get it serviced annually so I don't think they have set the service reminder properly. Having said that, I thought I'd better check how many miles I've done and it's over 9k miles since the last service in March! No idea how I managed that.... So I'll need to get it booked in for it's big 4 year service soon.

As for the slow footfall on the forum, it always slows at this time of year but since there seems to be fewer regular posters, bound to be quiet.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline EB2019

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12666 on: 29 December 2022, 19:13 »

Or they are intelligently just quietly keeping hold of them.

I’m pretty sure that in “times past” lots of GTI owners would have moved to “the latest version” by now, myself included.

[/quote]

I had a mk7 GTIPP back in 2014 for a couple of years, and after a few cars in between I would've had a mk8 but didn't want a DSG or the buttons, or software etc. So opted for the 7.5GTIP manual. (I think the 7.5 is better than the M2 it replaced)

Offline andy28

• Here all the time
« Reply #12667 on: 30 December 2022, 12:06 »
I had the helix amp/subwoofer installed before Christmas. I had dynaudio on my first clubsport and have missed it (mainly the bass to be honest) so went for this from VW Retrofit near Birmingham.

First impressions are very good, it takes all the lows to the sub so lets the factory speakers do what they can. The bass is solid, I’ve even turned it down one on the head unit.

VW Retrofit were excellent, it was a bit of a drive for me but gave me a good amount of time listening to music!

GTI Clubsport Edition 40
#301 and then #190

Offline rowlers

• I live here
  • I'm back - MK7 GTI
« Reply #12668 on: 30 December 2022, 14:00 »
MOTd, advisories on pretty much all tyres. Other than that were good for another 12mth.

Offline Yusee

• I live here
« Reply #12669 on: 31 December 2022, 11:46 »
Mine has been parked up in the garage all clean and shiny for the last week after I washed it and put it away last Friday.

I think that’s the longest I haven’t driven it- except when away on holiday.

One of the nice things about owning more than one vehicle, is that each one has a purpose, and you can rotate usage.

So I’ve been using the 205, the motorbike and the family bus, and just enjoying the look of the golf for the last week.

Next week back to work and school, and the golf comes out of hibernation.
2018 Golf GTI Performance  5dr manual, Isaac blue
1988 Peugeot 205 GTI 1.9, 2022 Triumph Street Triple R, 2016 Seat Alhambra.