Author Topic: BBM GTI at the Nurburgring  (Read 4671 times)

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
Re: BBM GTI at the Nurburgring
« Reply #10 on: 06 August 2013, 09:12 »
The wheels are beautiful, a design classic. It's just lowered a tad too much, giving that "uneven" arches look.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline Hawaii-Five-O

• I live here
  • Are we nearly there yet?
« Reply #11 on: 06 August 2013, 09:32 »
I loath this kind of modding. Remaps yes, but this kind of tinkering is not for me. I have a thing about after market wheels too  :sick:

This sums it up perfectly:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zsgPGMrouE8&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DzsgPGMrouE8
Current: BMW M140i / ZF8 / 5 DR
Past: MK7 GTI / DSG / WHITE / 5 DR

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 06 August 2013, 09:37 »
I loath this kind of modding. Remaps yes, but this kind of tinkering is not for me. I have a thing about after market wheels too  :sick:

This sums it up perfectly:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zsgPGMrouE8&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DzsgPGMrouE8

I totally agree.  I know some are into it big time, but I have zero interest in p!ssing around with my car changing this and that - I even draw the line at chipping the car, if you want something faster/sportier etc etc then go buy something else.  Adding all this cr@p onto your car is not for me.  :sick:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #13 on: 06 August 2013, 09:42 »
Same here guys, the most extreme mod I'll be committing myself to is a Monza Red Rickbrook tax disc holder! :grin: It's so easy to make a nicely designed car look naff, and as you say, if you want more power and torque, buy something designed for it right off the bat.
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #14 on: 06 August 2013, 10:23 »
I think I quite like these wheels, but usually after market wheels seem to be somewhat unimaginative like they are all a variation on a theme.

What it really needs is an actual spoiler! :lipsrsealed:
« Last Edit: 06 August 2013, 10:54 by Bill_the_Bear »

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #15 on: 06 August 2013, 11:07 »
I think I quite like these wheels, but usually after market wheels seem to be somewhat unimaginative like they are all a variation on a theme.

What it really needs is an actual spoiler! :lipsrsealed:

I hear ya', they could have gone to town a bit more on the rear aero stuff, but to be honest I think it looks fine the way it is, and certainly in keeping with the rest of the car.

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 06 August 2013, 11:21 »
I hear ya', they could have gone to town a bit more on the rear aero stuff, but to be honest I think it looks fine the way it is, and certainly in keeping with the rest of the car.

I don't think the GTI spoiler is actually any different from a basic Golf model.  So it doesn't really have one.  I wonder what after market options are available? :evil:

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #17 on: 06 August 2013, 11:25 »
I don't think the GTI spoiler is actually any different from a basic Golf model.  So it doesn't really have one.  I wonder what after market options are available? :evil:

Yeah, hard to say really just looking at pictures.  Obviously you do get the gloss black side fins too or whatever they are called, but I'm not sure it needs anything more substantial.  I'd have to see a picture when you get your after market spoiler fitted ;)

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 06 August 2013, 11:37 »
I'd like the car to stand out just a tad more.  Enough so you look twice, but not so much you can say for sure what makes it different.  Does that make sense?

I sometimes see a car I have to take a closer look at.  Next time I see the same model I'm thinking "oh there is that great looking car... only this one doesn't look quite as good as I remember, what gives?".  The first one clearly had some very subtle changes.

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #19 on: 06 August 2013, 12:00 »
Yeah it does make sense, but I think there's enough different about the GTI for at least those in the know to spot one immediately, and cause others to need two or three glances.  Still, it is what it is, though I'm sure you'll be able to get something beefier fitted if you really wanted to, but then it starts to look out of kilter with the standard models and potentially look daft!