Author Topic: Bombshell  (Read 4854 times)

Offline OF1

• Not said much yet
Re: Bombshell
« Reply #10 on: 01 August 2013, 09:02 »
Keep the order as it is. If you have to sell a GTI in 2 years it won't exactly be difficult to do so. They'll be ripe and ready for the used car market by then.
Currently Driving: Mini Cooper SD | Chilli Red | Black Roof | Often mistaken for my girlfriend's car..

Cancelled Order: Golf GTD Manual 3 Door | Pure White | Leather | Dynaudio | Reversing Camera | Service Pack

Offline Gordor

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11 on: 01 August 2013, 20:18 »
Good news bad news.

Just been offered a new job which has option to have a car or the allowance..  And the car list is audi, vw and bmw only.

Chances are after 3 years will have to move abroad with the company for a while so is it sensible to go and buy the gti with my own money ?

Or do I get a gti on the car scheme... Or maybe convert to GTD ?!

Will you be doing a lot of miles with the new job?
Help !!!!
GTD Pure White : 19" Santiago's : Winter Pack : Dynaudio : Park Assist : High Beam Assist

Offline drisser

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 01 August 2013, 20:29 »
No not really for work, would be mostly personal use.

Tempted to just sick with my deal and run the gti, having said that the low emissions of the gti make it quite attractive as a company car..
Daily drive - LCI BMW 330 D Estoril Blue & Saddle leather. M sport + Pack / Prof Nav / Head Up / Heated Seats
On the way - CS ed 40 tornado red, manual, 3 door
Weekend fun - low mileage portofino blue 1997 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo
2017 Build Slot reserved for BMW M2

Offline Gordor

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #13 on: 01 August 2013, 21:28 »
No not really for work, would be mostly personal use.

Tempted to just sick with my deal and run the gti, having said that the low emissions of the gti make it quite attractive as a company car..

If it were me and not doing many miles, I would stick with my personal order, especially as your allowance will cover your PCP. (Mine is a company car so this is a considered response)  :smiley:
GTD Pure White : 19" Santiago's : Winter Pack : Dynaudio : Park Assist : High Beam Assist

Offline drisser

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 02 August 2013, 14:38 »
lol

my life gets more complicated...  for my new job she just emailed me the car list for my job grade.. I can have a GTD but not a GTI !!

Serious pondering to be done this weekend !
Daily drive - LCI BMW 330 D Estoril Blue & Saddle leather. M sport + Pack / Prof Nav / Head Up / Heated Seats

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #15 on: 02 August 2013, 14:48 »
lol

my life gets more complicated...  for my new job she just emailed me the car list for my job grade.. I can have a GTD but not a GTI !!

So they're rating the GTI as a more premium car to the GTD then? :lipsrsealed: :whistle:

Makes the decision easier right?  Keep your GTI and the allowance!

Offline peterdoherty

• Here all the time
« Reply #16 on: 02 August 2013, 14:53 »
lol

So they're rating the GTI as a more premium car to the GTD then? :lipsrsealed: :whistle:

Makes the decision easier right?  Keep your GTI and the allowance!

It think it may be more down to company car tax rather than what the company perceives as the cars status?
MKVII GTD DSG Carbon Grey 5DR, Dynaudio, Keyless Entry, Rear View Camera, Colour MFD, Park Assist, Winter Pack, Climate Screen, Advanced Phone Kit, High Beam Assist

Offline Thornster

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #17 on: 02 August 2013, 14:55 »
A lot of companies only offer diesel options for company car nowadays, which is why I took the cash allowance and ordered a GTI  :evil:
Oct 2013: GTI, DSG, 3 Door, Carbon Grey, DynAudio, Winter Pack, Discovery Navigation and Keyless Start
Jan 2018: Arteon R-Line, Atlantic Blue
Jan 2021: tbc!

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #18 on: 02 August 2013, 14:59 »
It think it may be more down to company car tax rather than what the company perceives as the cars status?
A lot of companies only offer diesel options for company car nowadays

Quiet, both of you!  I'm trying to conclusively show that the GTI is better than the GTD here and you're ruining it! :evil:

Offline drisser

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 02 August 2013, 15:42 »
You guys are not helping me !!!!