Author Topic: GTD Demonstrator Spotted in Wishaw (ML1)  (Read 10425 times)

Offline Nairn1980

• Not said much yet
Re: GTD Demonstrator Spotted in Wishaw (ML1)
« Reply #40 on: 28 July 2013, 07:44 »
Agree totally. It's big money were spending, not an £8k UP! I booked a test drive earlier in the week based on this info from Arnold Clark and the VW website said the closest dealership with a GTD was Dundee. Took a drive up there for my 2pm slot today and .... Wait for it .... No car! The sales manager has taken it on holiday for the next 2 weeks. That was a 140 mile completely wasted journey!!!! Whats the point in booking a test drive????? rant over!! Most on here seem to have had a test drive and I can't get one for love nor money!!

I hope you kicked up a serious stink and lodged a complaint with VWUK.  Don't let them get away with it.  You'll want compensation for time and expense incurred too I imagine.  These "salesmen" are utter fatherless sons and would not have a job if I had anything to say about it.  See if you can get VW to sack them.

Don't judge all salesmen. That's me out of selling cars now and in FMCG. Getting out of car sales was so hard as people judge us all the same. Many salesmen are rogues but there were lots of us doing a good job and offering great service. I use,d to get cards and gifts from customers and plenty of repeat business!

I worked in a few dealerships and tried hard to keep my morals and standards but managers often encouraged the badness that exists. Most managers have been salesmen and to sell a load of cars they need to cut each others throats, bend the truth and generally be pretty selfish and ruthless!

It's not a trade I'd rush back into in a hurry!!