Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1186337 times)

Offline KyleB

• I live here
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #1540 on: 28 October 2013, 20:58 »
Looks awesome Sam.  Mines getting registered Fri as well but pickup won't be till next week.

Sam have you specced the voice pack? What happens if you press voice? Reason I ask is that I've got the voice button on my nav but it just mutes the music. I know voice control is an option but I assumed I'd get a mute button as others appear to have received.

Wondering if I do indeed have voice control but its been disabled by the dealer.

Looks like Sam has the Pro Nav.  The voice option is only for the standard media system or the standard nav.  Would be cool if it could just be activate by VCDS but I think there is extra hardware required...

Why would VW fit the sat nav with a voice button rather than a mute button if the kit wasn't there? I've seen other cars with a mute button.

Offline sam67GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #1541 on: 28 October 2013, 23:03 »
Sam have you specced the voice pack? What happens if you press voice? Reason I ask is that I've got the voice button on my nav but it just mutes the music. I know voice control is an option but I assumed I'd get a mute button as others appear to have received.

Wondering if I do indeed have voice control but its been disabled by the dealer.

Kyle I don't think I have, well I don't remember specifying it anyway. I've literally just sat in the car and took a pic with my phone, not even turned on the unit at all  :whistle:

I'll keep a look out for you Mk7gti!
VW Golf R 7.5 | 3 Door | DSG | Lapiz Blue | Black Pretorias | Dynaudio | DCC | Rear Reversing Camera | Black Mirror Caps

Offline sam67GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #1542 on: 28 October 2013, 23:04 »
Looks awesome Sam.  Mines getting registered Fri as well but pickup won't be till next week.

Looks like Sam has the Pro Nav.  The voice option is only for the standard media system or the standard nav.  Would be cool if it could just be activate by VCDS but I think there is extra hardware required...

Thanks Dippy, look forward to seeing yours in carbon grey, should look very smart  :cool:
VW Golf R 7.5 | 3 Door | DSG | Lapiz Blue | Black Pretorias | Dynaudio | DCC | Rear Reversing Camera | Black Mirror Caps

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
« Reply #1543 on: 29 October 2013, 07:20 »
I think Pro Nav has voice functionality already, hence why it's not an option?
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!

Offline dippy_x

• I live here
« Reply #1544 on: 29 October 2013, 07:55 »
Yep - I think that's correct - hence why it's not available to choose as an option.
On Order: 02/05/13
GTD: Carbon Grey, Winter Pack, Keyless, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera, Furry Dice
Collected: 06/11/13

Offline KyleB

• I live here
« Reply #1545 on: 29 October 2013, 11:25 »
That makes sense then. Does anyone with the basic nav have a mute button or a voice button?

By the way Sam, looks absolutely stunning in white.

Offline MAW73

• I live here
  • Used to like Golfs :-)
« Reply #1546 on: 29 October 2013, 13:34 »
That's a cracking looking car sam67GTD. The GTD looks so much better without that red stripe across the lights. 

2007 VW Mk5 Golf GT 5 Door DSG
2009 VW Mk6 Golf GTI 5 Door DSG
2012 BMW F20 125i M Sport, Auto
2014 BMW F20 M135i, Auto

Offline sam67GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #1547 on: 29 October 2013, 14:46 »
Thanks guys, really appreciate your comments  :wink:

Offline chazzypuk

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1548 on: 29 October 2013, 15:31 »
After almost 7 months of waiting, my GTD was delivered to the dealers last Friday  :cool: Went up today to see it and to finalise the paperwork for a Friday 1st November pickup. Can't wait (that's a 7 month can't wait!!).

The dealer was fantastic and really restored my faith in VW with good will gestures and a great discount and part exchange price for my car.  :cool: :cool:

This is the exact same spec as mine bar the rear camera which I couldn't order as it was removed. Looks awesome, really has lifted my spirits! Thanks for sharing, makes the wait easier.
Golf GTD Mk7 3dr Manual, Pure White, Adaptive Chassis Control, Panoramic roof, Discover Pro Nav, Keyless entry, Dynaudio, Park assist, High beam assist, Leather pack, Service Pack.

Offline mackandmark

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1549 on: 29 October 2013, 17:46 »
Finally picked up my White 5 Dr Manual GTD today (well delivered to my workplace)

Early signs are that it is an amazing car to drive. Out for a spin at lunchtime & the drive home tonight.
I just love everything about it already, from the cornering xenon lights to the colour MFD & what it lets you do
The interior has impressed me the most, the seats are far better than I remember (I've been to see a few GTi/GTD's in the show room but held off driving one all this time & it was worth the wait)
Cant wait till I get another spin tonight in the dark to see how the interior comes to life.

I won't post any pics as there are a few 'White GTD's' already posted but anyone reading this waiting on their car will not be disappointed. I am gonna love driving this car for at least the next 4 years!  :smug: