Author Topic: Get down to the Gadget show live in Birmingham  (Read 6106 times)

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
Re: Get down to the Gadget show live in Birmingham
« Reply #10 on: 07 April 2013, 21:19 »
It was a 5 door mate, the strips are only in the front though. :'(
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #11 on: 07 April 2013, 22:06 »
A few more shocking pics! :embarrassed:

I really don't understand why all the photo's are blurred?? I need to have a mess with it.

Offline evo1986

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #12 on: 07 April 2013, 22:16 »
Looks epic! Did you turn on the Led fog lights? Time to order mine soon : )
Sales Manager
Select Car Leasing West Midlands
Leeevans@selectcarleasing.co.uk
WhatsApp: 07389107119

Former General sales manager at Volkswagen for over 13 years.

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 07 April 2013, 22:24 »

I didn't, i never even thought about it!! Grrrr.......  >:(

I wasn't impressed with the red paint but it didn't look like it had been looked after very well, apart from that it looks and feels fantastic imo but will look so much better in white with all the LED accents to make it look crisp! :drool:

I'm so much more excited now, the rest of the gagdet show was a bit rubbish tbh, a bit like walking round Currys with a few extra bits n bobs! >:D

Offline charlie

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 08 April 2013, 00:28 »

I wasn't impressed with the red paint but it didn't look like it had been looked after very well, apart from that it looks and feels fantastic imo but will look so much better in white with all the LED accents to make it look crisp! :drool: they must of washed it with a sponge :laugh:

I'm so much more excited now, the rest of the gagdet show was a bit rubbish tbh, a bit like walking round Currys with a few extra bits n bobs! >:D
they must of washed it with a sponge
« Last Edit: 08 April 2013, 09:48 by charlie »
2012 black pearl Golf gti mark 6 5 door leather cruise 510rns bluetooth acc dab sunroof park assist rear camera parking sensors storage pack and the luxury pack :-) sold :/( now aiming a 2013 passat alltrack

Offline the sniper

• Not said much yet
« Reply #15 on: 08 April 2013, 00:42 »

Don't worry, if it was anything like Geneva you couldn't have done it, as only the DRLs would come on. I did try. :drool:

Got to agree with you about the ADC eye, it's not too bad 'in the flesh'. I was also a bit underwhelmed by the red at Geneva, but your pictures actually make it look better than I remember!

I think that the main difference between our experiences was that at Geneva you could pay with the Radio/Navs and the lighting was quite the opposite, the VW area was as bright as the surface of the sun, which was almost painful and the inside of the cars were as hot as hell, so you got lucky in that respect!  :grin:

Thanks for the pics.  :smiley:

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #16 on: 08 April 2013, 14:00 »
Yeah thanks Jimble, don't worry about the pic quality - they're fine. Just nice to see and hear something from the perspective of an enthusiast and future owner!

My daughter was with me yesterday as I was going through the deal, and she wanted me to get it in red.  No way, not negotiable I said, white or nothing!  On the way home we stopped by a supermarket, and I happened to see the new CAR magazine have a bright red one on the front cover (great review by the way, although they seem to have been paid to push the performance pack rather a lot!).  Anyway, I had to admit to her, it looks good in red, but it just doesn't suit the nature of the car, or me.  If it was a GTD with its grey and chrome trim, different story.  But, it's a GTI, and with all that red paint, those red accents just get lost.  White frames the car nicely, and not only that, it takes abuse from careless washing far better!

Gotta' say though, those LED rear lights are amongst the nicest I've seen :)  As for the ADC camera at the front, I do think they could have made it a little bit smaller and less obvious, but it's not "too" bad.  Having taken a test drive with it though, it's going to be one of the most used features on my car as I use normal cruise extensively, so not complaining too much!
« Last Edit: 08 April 2013, 14:05 by Gryzor »
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #17 on: 08 April 2013, 18:22 »
Yeah the ADC is a bit odd, it's actually behind the VW badge on the passat so unless it's not as effective there then i don't know why it has to be so obvious?? :huh:

I agree about the red in the magazine, looks good!

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #18 on: 08 April 2013, 19:47 »
Obvious and very exposed...  I did ask and they said it's a thick lens so very resistant, but I didn't expect them to say anything else!  I guess time will tell just how robust it is.

Yup, the red does look good...just not as good as the white :tongue:
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 08 April 2013, 20:23 »
A few more shocking pics! :embarrassed:

I really don't understand why all the photo's are blurred?? I need to have a mess with it.

No flash, it must have been turned off, so the bad light in the arena slows the shutter speed down and then slight hand movements make them blurry.  Notice the one of the front corner is not blurry because the headlight is producing lots of light.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.