Author Topic: James Bond - Skyfall  (Read 2863 times)

Offline Diamond Hell

• Serious forum addict
  • Opinions я Us
Re: James Bond - Skyfall
« Reply #20 on: 29 October 2012, 10:40 »
want my money back

That's a bit harsh.

Went to see it last night.  I think it was trying to be too many different things.  Something about Bond without any gadgets always seems a touch lacklustre - it just makes him into another action hero, rather than the sly old dog he should be, especially when the bad guys are sporting tech like depleted uranium rounds and neat glass cutting things.

Thought the lizard action was a good piece.

How many more Bonds does DC have in him?
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.

Offline mcgee9t2

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 29 October 2012, 12:39 »
Signed on for another 2 movies hasent he DH?

i saw it last night, wasnt impressed, was still good, but imo lacked something, not sure weather it was the fact he didnt have any gadgets or what have you. IMO thats part of the film that always needs to stay.

however the aston was nice :cool: untill they blew it up :sad:

and compleatly agree on the little brittan looking guy. ruend it for me a bit
« Last Edit: 29 October 2012, 12:42 by mcgee9t2 »

Offline Diamond Hell

• Serious forum addict
  • Opinions я Us
« Reply #22 on: 29 October 2012, 15:46 »
Signed on for another 2 movies hasent he DH?

Yes - posted and then checked.  Question is whether at any point in the next two films he gets anywhere near the pensionable era Connery/Moore films.  Seems unlikely.  Apparently the next two films are to be a single bridged story, which I do not like the prospect of - you wind up with an unsatisfactory ending to one and a weird start to the second - see Kill Bill for further details.

i saw it last night, wasnt impressed, was still good, but imo lacked something, not sure weather it was the fact he didnt have any gadgets or what have you. IMO thats part of the film that always needs to stay.

Gadgets definitely lacking.... although in these times you need to have a pretty vivid imagination to dream them up!

and compleatly agree on the little brittan looking guy. ruend it for me a bit

Nah - that worked well in the film - definitely something that's not been in a Bond film before which made it a worthwhile addition, however mucky it was.  You need to remember who the director is and look at his back catalogue to understand how that sort of oddness might have been dropped into the film:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Mendes

Apparently not signed on for another, although the possibility of Christopher Nolan directing the next two is pretty tantalising.

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #23 on: 29 October 2012, 15:56 »
want my money back

That's a bit harsh.

Went to see it last night.  I think it was trying to be too many different things.  Something about Bond without any gadgets always seems a touch lacklustre - it just makes him into another action hero, rather than the sly old dog he should be, especially when the bad guys are sporting tech like depleted uranium rounds and neat glass cutting things.

Thought the lizard action was a good piece.

How many more Bonds does DC have in him?

Overall the film wasnt bad... it just wasnt great like the "best bond yet" bit they seem to advertise.

Lack of gadgets was pretty poor. As was the choice of women, of which there are usually a few in bond films to ensure they have catered for everyone.

Even the story line isnt great.... what is the bad guy exactly trying to do in this??? kill a m???? bit of a poor basis for a story. As was moving underground.... I mean get real.

All this stufff you can kind of get over but when it finished the first thing that came to mind was that this was a BUDGET BOND film. The action in the traliers... was the ONLY action.

Offline Diamond Hell

• Serious forum addict
  • Opinions я Us
« Reply #24 on: 29 October 2012, 16:41 »
Even the story line isnt great.... what is the bad guy exactly trying to do in this??? kill a m????

The 'rogue agent' stories always leave me cold - give me a nutjob megalomaniac every time.

It's why Mission:Impossible always seems so rubbish - they always seem to be clearing up their own problems.  :grin:

Offline VR6Lee

• Not said much yet
  • Women love duct tape
« Reply #25 on: 29 October 2012, 22:52 »
Went to see this last night. First half felt like classic Bond. Second half felt strange for a Bond film but I liked it.
The villain was great. It's been a while since we've had a really good, charismatic villain in the franchise.
Loved all the little throwbacks to past films also, plus how beautiful did that DB5 look?

The tracksuit top Bond wore in training...someone must be flogging them. Anyone know where?  :whistle:

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
  • I'm kind of a big deal...
« Reply #26 on: 30 October 2012, 22:26 »
Best film I've seen all year!

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #27 on: 31 October 2012, 23:28 »
Watched it tonight, one of the best Bond films I have seen for a long time.

Lots of little links to the old Bond films as well.

Offline Metallix

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #28 on: 01 November 2012, 08:14 »
After seeing it last night I'm torn between saying whether...

...it was the best Bond film ever...    ...or the best film ever!!

11/10

The only minor thing I didn't like is Adele nodding to Thunderball by mentioning something called a "Crumball".   Apart from that title sequence was good

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #29 on: 04 November 2012, 11:14 »
Its really been bugging me this has... but I finally figued that the new bond film actually turns into Home Alone 4 at the end!!