Author Topic: US Spec White Ragtop  (Read 12956 times)

Offline DanChave

• I live here
Re: US Spec White Ragtop
« Reply #40 on: 12 August 2012, 08:53 »
Looking spot on mate! I can't wait to see the finished result :)

Offline dubstar9

• Here all the time
  • Back to the Golf scene
« Reply #41 on: 12 August 2012, 09:11 »
Got my eye on some TT (Mk1) front seats (coupe) which I think have the same runners as a Mk4 seeing as they shared the same platform, they have the baseball stitching and just need dyeing.

Offline dubstar9

• Here all the time
  • Back to the Golf scene
« Reply #42 on: 12 August 2012, 15:43 »
Today I decided to swap out the blue carpet for a black one picked up for a tenner.

And also swap the headlight wiring harness for a Fog light one.

Offline VR6_Wherry

• Forum addict
« Reply #43 on: 13 August 2012, 09:10 »
This is coming along very nicely, wasn't sure where it might end up :grin:

Offline dubstar9

• Here all the time
  • Back to the Golf scene
« Reply #44 on: 16 August 2012, 20:47 »
More bits turned up today ready for fitting, picking up a black dashboard on Sunday from Cannock for a tenner!!!  :smug: So I got the Anni clocks to go in at the same time for £15 and ordered red bulbs to go in them, not here yet  :cry:  :grin:

Also picked up these Cabrio leather door cards for £45 delivered from Kent, need a clean but in good nick and prime for painting black and the leather dyeing red.

Offline tdi_blu

• I live here
  • Golf Gti & T4 2.5 tdi
« Reply #45 on: 16 August 2012, 20:52 »
Coming along well good work ive been stewing on weather to buy a VR cab but just dont think I can part with my wagon just yet though.Look forward to more updates  :wink:
Golf Gti

Offline DanChave

• I live here
« Reply #46 on: 17 August 2012, 21:03 »
Mk3golfowners in the background ;)

Offline dubstar9

• Here all the time
  • Back to the Golf scene
« Reply #47 on: 18 August 2012, 16:47 »
Mk3golfowners in the background ;)

Oooops!!! :wink:

Booked the day off today to fit the coilovers and replace the O/S lower arm as that N/S one needs booking in for a pro to sort.

Anyway, with a 45mm drop at the rear and a 60mm drop at the front I have a bit of rubbing which I put down to the 17"s and the fact the arches need rolling which I'll get done to the replacement front wings.

Offline DanChave

• I live here
« Reply #48 on: 18 August 2012, 18:46 »
The slamage looks sick dude :) I forgot to ask, are you keeping the texture tops when it goes white or are you going all colour coded?

Offline dubstar9

• Here all the time
  • Back to the Golf scene
« Reply #49 on: 18 August 2012, 19:04 »
SMOOOOOOOTH :wink:

I have another exhaust moulding from a rear bumper kicking around that will get plastic welding in on the opposite side so I can have Porsche style angle cut teardrop tailpipes like these on the rear of an RS4 etc. I have a tub of plastic filler and a tub of stopper and a Makita orbital sander plus a soldering Iron so once the suspension is done I'll have some time to sort that also.

Smooth and prime the front bumper, can the wings sorted and primed and the sort a couple of stone chips in the bonnet and prime that also plus the bottom rail of the grille to prime. that's half of the car almost sorted and primed. :wink: