Author Topic: oh dear....  (Read 3614 times)

mrwotto

Re: oh dear....
« Reply #20 on: 14 June 2005, 13:30 »

Or maybe its because MK2's are held together with a mixture of plasticine and wood glue.. :evil:

And when they moved onto the mk3 they decided a fully welded hull, like the liberty bells, was the way forwards :tongue: :wink:

The barnacles also hold the bow together quite nicely on my mk3 :grin:

Offline Len

• 10k hero
  • Guardian of the Seas, Protector of Waves
« Reply #21 on: 14 June 2005, 13:50 »
Shiver me timbers! They are held together with caulking on large barges like the Mk 3! :grin:

Was something about clutches i read a while back, was something about auto adjusters jamming up and the way to sort it - but cant remember where or how long ago it was!

Sorry! :sad:
Mystic Blue Mk3 16v + Black Mk5 Gti 05 plate + Peugeot 405 Mi16

www.sas.org.uk
www.the-ace.org.uk

Offline Agreeable Slick

• Global Moderator
  • Serious forum addict
  • Unit
« Reply #22 on: 14 June 2005, 14:03 »
You will need to get someone to check as cables varied across the board for the 1.6-1.8 engines.

There should be a cable leading down to the right side (as you look at it) attatched to a bracket then a little cable coming past it into a white plastic adjustable part. (that is the adjuster)

If it isn't there then it is a auto adjust, simply remove the cable and then re-attatch it then pump the clutch pedal a few times.

If it is then you need a couple of spanners and a spare pair of feet. To play around with the adjuster on the cable.

Offline [han]

• I live here
  • Graphic Designer for Haribo
« Reply #23 on: 14 June 2005, 14:15 »
you make it sound easy... last time i was in the driving seat and he was undr the bonnet i was messin with pedals and almost took his finger off  :undecided: ooooops.... hopefully he'll help me. He's conne me into bringin him to leeds with me if i'm not workin....

Offline Len

• 10k hero
  • Guardian of the Seas, Protector of Waves
« Reply #24 on: 14 June 2005, 21:24 »
You just know he will help you! You hold all the Aces! :wink:
Mystic Blue Mk3 16v + Black Mk5 Gti 05 plate + Peugeot 405 Mi16

www.sas.org.uk
www.the-ace.org.uk

Offline [han]

• I live here
  • Graphic Designer for Haribo
« Reply #25 on: 14 June 2005, 22:12 »
no chance tonight he's gone t his g/f's... dad tried to help, but to no avail... lol.... can't manage on my own.  :undecided: got to wait a bit longer