Author Topic: Rear disc's  (Read 2224 times)

Offline 67buggers

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 727
Rear disc's
« on: 28 May 2012, 17:08 »
What was the smallest size engine on a MK 3 to get rear disc's?


I fix iPhone's and iPod's, I can fix most faults call me on 07811344816 for a quote

Offline madmanmart

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 938
Re: Rear disc's
« Reply #1 on: 28 May 2012, 17:14 »
2.0L and VR6 only


Mk3 Golf 3dr GTI 16v
Mk3 Golf Cabriolet TD
20vt Corrado track car project

Offline thai-wronghorse

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 7,325
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
Re: Rear disc's
« Reply #2 on: 28 May 2012, 17:23 »
2.0 GTI & 2.8 VR6 only had them in this country afaik.

Offline thai-wronghorse

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 7,325
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
Re: Rear disc's
« Reply #3 on: 28 May 2012, 17:24 »
Bloody hell my post was seriously delayed there.  :huh:

Offline 67buggers

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 727
Re: Rear disc's
« Reply #4 on: 28 May 2012, 19:57 »
Did the vento get them on lower spec engines? I've seen 4 stud rear beams for vento's but wondered what engine they were from


I fix iPhone's and iPod's, I can fix most faults call me on 07811344816 for a quote

Offline Wayne

  • Sir Postalot
  • *
  • Posts: 32,051
Re: Rear disc's
« Reply #5 on: 28 May 2012, 20:01 »
Did the vento get them on lower spec engines? I've seen 4 stud rear beams for vento's but wondered what engine they were from

Nope, Vento 2.0 had rear discs however it and the cabrios (2.0) stayed 4 stud, all Golf GTI and Vr's were 5 stud.

Offline 67buggers

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 727
Re: Rear disc's
« Reply #6 on: 28 May 2012, 20:07 »
So does that mean I could do a 2.0l 16v engine conversion to my 1.4 mk3 and retain my 4 stud pattern by using vento breaks?.....I know it's probably the most expensive way to do it but I'm more attached to it than I thought and I have already spend too much on it so why not!


I fix iPhone's and iPod's, I can fix most faults call me on 07811344816 for a quote

Offline Wayne

  • Sir Postalot
  • *
  • Posts: 32,051
Re: Rear disc's
« Reply #7 on: 28 May 2012, 20:15 »
So does that mean I could do a 2.0l 16v engine conversion to my 1.4 mk3 and retain my 4 stud pattern by using vento breaks?.....I know it's probably the most expensive way to do it but I'm more attached to it than I thought and I have already spend too much on it so why not!

Yes but you can also use mk2 parts as well.

Offline 67buggers

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 727
Re: Rear disc's
« Reply #8 on: 28 May 2012, 20:29 »
Which mark 2 parts?


I fix iPhone's and iPod's, I can fix most faults call me on 07811344816 for a quote

Offline Wayne

  • Sir Postalot
  • *
  • Posts: 32,051
Re: Rear disc's
« Reply #9 on: 28 May 2012, 20:40 »
Which mark 2 parts?

Rear discs plus I think the 256mm front set up will fit.