Author Topic: Thieves scoundrels and utter helmets!!  (Read 2816 times)

Offline bigmarky

• GTI forum regular
Re: Thieves scoundrels and utter helmets!!
« Reply #20 on: 22 May 2012, 11:24 »
Yeah name and shame!

Member called Gordon, 5 star member, bought set of original
GTI rear lights and now he's ignoring all mail. A few days after he gave what a thought was a genuine reason why he hadn't sent them,  so I said fine but it's been weeks and no replies etc so basically been scammed.
« Last Edit: 22 May 2012, 11:30 by bigmarky »
Tornado Red, 99 AGU, full milltek, K & N, forge007p, 18\" A8 in custom Matt Black with Anthracite inserts, Custom remap, 22psi boost, HID\'s, full led\'s, bodykit.

Offline Bellend

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 22 May 2012, 11:29 »
Sometimes making it public will help get things sorted, some people are genuine and things go wrong. If he is genuine he'll want this sorted now it's been made public. ;)

Where all my moneys went.

Golf MK3 1.6. Golf MK3 8v GTI.

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
« Reply #22 on: 22 May 2012, 13:54 »
Groan. Would it be better to not have a classifieds section?  :undecided:

Have pm'd the seller, the account has been online today.
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline archie837

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 22 May 2012, 14:32 »
NO.

And please don't go the edition route of having to have 200 posts before being able to sell or buy stuff.

Project longterm Airbanger.
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=163335.0

PD150 Anni daily

Offline bigmarky

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #24 on: 22 May 2012, 15:06 »
Don't think it's needed to have a million posts to advertise etc but maybe that's why they do it??? Simply a rules that after you have proved urself a regular you can sell then if you rip other members off your account will be terminated. I don't mean to involve the admin or moderators into squabbles just if people don't supply at all therefore stealing money they are banned ???
Tornado Red, 99 AGU, full milltek, K & N, forge007p, 18\" A8 in custom Matt Black with Anthracite inserts, Custom remap, 22psi boost, HID\'s, full led\'s, bodykit.

Offline justalex81

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 22 May 2012, 16:59 »
i think it would be easier to have an advice, terms and conditions page that every person must accept before being allowed to purchase stuff in the classifieds section. If they don't agree to the terms then they're not allowed to access the classifieds. That way you can make them read the warnings and give them the advice they need before they decide to go and get ripped off anyway. Then the admins can just delete posts like these cause  :evil:

Offline mcgee9t2

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 22 May 2012, 17:10 »
been sugested millions of times.more hassel than its worth....

Offline Seanl

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 22 May 2012, 17:41 »
When you got your new Computer/Iphone/whatever, did you read the terms and conditions, or did you just go right to the bottom and click 'agree'. !?
Classic Green Corrado VR6 Storm | Jetex Cat back | BMC CDA | VT mounts | Bilstein B12 | 288mm front brakes | Mk4 rear brakes | Goodridge braided hoses | BBS RX228s | Shortshifter | Lupo wipers | Uprated headlight loom | All red rears | Refreshed leather | Fresh paint |

Offline GJSEB79

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 22 May 2012, 18:28 »
fort i would jump on this thread before it becomes out of hand it was me selling the rear lights got nothing to hide at all and been on here for a long time  and as you are aware  big marky i have kept you upt date on my situaton apart from the last three days as i am currently in wakefiled sorting out my mother in law funeral mate which to be honest is at lot higher on my prioty list sorry could responed to your pms staright away but sorry to say it hasnt been been my main prioity at the minute my wife an kids currently are the lights wll be getting posted thursday when  return as got no excuse as i not back at work wll friday if this is no good let me no

not meaing to cause anyone any pain and i wish you people wouldnt slag people of till they heard both sides of the story   

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #29 on: 22 May 2012, 18:34 »
well fcuk my old boots, a clear and understandable answer  :rolleyes:

to the OP, thats why, as per PM, i advised against naming and shaming just yet  :lipsrsealed:

to GJSE - sorry to hear your news

locked and or removed  to safe keeping then maybe  :smiley: