Author Topic: coilover adjustments  (Read 2768 times)

Offline gti gaz

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 592
Re: coilover adjustments
« Reply #10 on: 10 May 2012, 22:36 »
Yeah would not recomend that either





 Any one in cornwall lets sort more meets!!!!

Offline murraymint

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,022
Re: coilover adjustments
« Reply #11 on: 10 May 2012, 22:42 »
I can adjust mine by hand...... After loosening the nut with the spanners
josh


95 Mk3 golf 1.6 CL, 96 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 89 Mk2 Jetta GL,  97 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 99 bora 2ltr se, 83 mk1 golf 1.1, 15 polo 1.2 tsi

Offline Len

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 16,292
  • Guardian of the Seas, Protector of Waves
Re: coilover adjustments
« Reply #12 on: 11 May 2012, 12:09 »
I can adjust mine by hand...... After loosening the nut with the spanners

Thats how it should be.
Mystic Blue Mk3 16v + Black Mk5 Gti 05 plate + Peugeot 405 Mi16

www.sas.org.uk
www.the-ace.org.uk

Offline search

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 898
Re: coilover adjustments
« Reply #13 on: 11 May 2012, 12:38 »
just jumping on the band waggon here. anyone know what size C spanners i need for my coilovers? i got them second hand you see and want to go a bit lower at the front.

(cant believe some people go 120 mines not even all the way at the bottom and i still hit speed bumps, i expect just means you got to go even slower??)
Golf mk3 1.4 (sold)
Golf mk2 1.3 (sold)
Golf mk3 1.6

Offline 67buggers

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 727
Re: coilover adjustments
« Reply #14 on: 12 May 2012, 03:41 »
I keep reading about helper springs being removed but don't know what they are!! Will they let me go lower?


I fix iPhone's and iPod's, I can fix most faults call me on 07811344816 for a quote

Offline Dogbot

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 431
Re: coilover adjustments
« Reply #15 on: 12 May 2012, 10:04 »
just jumping on the band waggon here. anyone know what size C spanners i need for my coilovers? i got them second hand you see and want to go a bit lower at the front.

(cant believe some people go 120 mines not even all the way at the bottom and i still hit speed bumps, i expect just means you got to go even slower??)

My valver is down 120 and yes some roads you just have to avoid, but it's more about reading the road ahead spotting dips, bumps, potholes and high road cambers, my sump has a few scrapes but not broken one yet, the gearbox bell housing where it sits lower than the sump that gets a spanking ocasionally, speed bumps you just have to get inventive with the route over them... But mainly it's about reading the road ahead which you should be doing anyway, just now your looking for more important dangers... Something that will break your sump pmsl...