Author Topic: would this oem fmic work?  (Read 3142 times)

Offline symsymma

• I live here
  • AGU POWER,drive it like u stole it!!!
Re: would this oem fmic work?
« Reply #10 on: 09 May 2012, 22:28 »
The problem with the cheaper ones is not i/c itself its the pipework and the routing of it.ive been looking into front mounts myself for mine and think ths is best design and the most discreet.saying that though a lot of ppl are running the ebay ones.you need advice from the people running them ones i think mate.from wot i can gather they do work well though :smiley:
1.8T AGU 203bhp & 233lb/ft Rtech stage 1 custom remap,18"dezentz rims,lowered 40mm shocks n springs,whiteline 24mm adj rear arb,lcr axle bushes,polybushed arb,modified front bumper & valences,depo projector headlights,delocked,wrapped interior&bora gear knob,forge boost & coolant hoses,forge tip,forge 007p,samco vac hoses,simota aeroform cai,saiko michi catch can,deleted pcv system,r32 dogbone,miltek lg bore down pipe & sports cat/non res anni style system.

Offline dub-gti

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11 on: 09 May 2012, 22:31 »
thats what im saying, ok granted there not going to be as long lasting as say aem, or allard but to be fair. theres not really alot of stress at thepower im going to run, ko3s currently, upgrading to a ko4-015 hybrid (when i decide which cold side to have! maybe even do a ko3s hybrid of some kind

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
« Reply #12 on: 09 May 2012, 22:39 »
it all boils down to how much time you're prepared to spend doing the trial and error cutting/fitting and removing/refitting the bumper a gazillion times to get everything to sit tidy.

ps the k04-015 is for longitudinally mounted engines (A4, passat etc)

Offline dub-gti

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #13 on: 09 May 2012, 22:41 »
yer i dont mind that

ps i have a a4 qauttro,

came on here as all the a4 sites are dead, been on here all the the time i had a mk3 golf so thought id ask in the mk4 section

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
« Reply #14 on: 09 May 2012, 22:43 »
ohhh in that case fmic is a piece of cake! you already have a pipe either side in roughly the right place. its just a matter of bypassing the standard cooler and the metal boost pipe that runs under the rad :cool: