Author Topic: MK3 GTI Handbrake  (Read 1385 times)

Offline Paulviv

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 12
MK3 GTI Handbrake
« on: 08 May 2012, 20:07 »
I recently changed the rear pads on my GTI , that went well, however ,when i applied the handbrake it i found i could pull it all the way to the top and the brake still wasnt on.
I adjusted the 10mm nuts inside the car as much as i dared but it is still not stopping the car, do i need to adjust it anywhere else or have i missed something .

Offline CJA321

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 684
Re: MK3 GTI Handbrake
« Reply #1 on: 08 May 2012, 20:09 »
Are the cables attached to the calipers?

Offline Screech16v

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,432
  • MK3 20vt AGU
Re: MK3 GTI Handbrake
« Reply #2 on: 08 May 2012, 20:16 »
You need to pump the handbrake about a million times and it will come good  :wink:
« Last Edit: 08 May 2012, 21:28 by Screech16v »

Offline Tonicpar

  • Just got here
  • *
  • Posts: 7
Re: MK3 GTI Handbrake
« Reply #3 on: 08 May 2012, 21:23 »
I have heard the above post works a treat
There is always a future!

Offline Paulviv

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 12
Re: MK3 GTI Handbrake
« Reply #4 on: 08 May 2012, 21:27 »
You need two pump the handbrake about a million times and it will come good  :wink:
Thanks for that i will give it a go tomorrow

Offline Paulviv

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 12
Re: MK3 GTI Handbrake
« Reply #5 on: 08 May 2012, 21:28 »
Are the cables attached to the calipers?
Thanks for the info i will check