Author Topic: looking to buy wheels advice and help pic a set (pic heavy)  (Read 2541 times)

Offline dragongreengolfgti

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,124
  • my golf gti mk3
Alright guys i'm in the market to buy a new set of wheels for the golf and have picked a selection that i like but was wondering which you lot  think would work well  :smiley: so here goes

Pic of the car there going on



And the different wheels










Of course this is my selection which i like but if anyone else has another suggestion please link me to a set

Offline search

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 898
like thos deep dish ones look a bit like ATS classic?  ATS cups are a nice set to man... also like your last ones because they look like mine lol. if you have a spare £800 get some BBS rs2   :wink:
Golf mk3 1.4 (sold)
Golf mk2 1.3 (sold)
Golf mk3 1.6

Offline DUBboi12

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 279
It's all about them Schmidts  :smiley: look sweet on mk3's

Offline murraymint

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,022
It's all about them Schmidts  :smiley: look sweet on mk3's

yh i do like them on mk3's, but a few mk3's on here are running them

id say the compomotives or the ones under them, somethng a bit different
josh


95 Mk3 golf 1.6 CL, 96 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 89 Mk2 Jetta GL,  97 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 99 bora 2ltr se, 83 mk1 golf 1.1, 15 polo 1.2 tsi

Offline dragongreengolfgti

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,124
  • my golf gti mk3
like thos deep dish ones look a bit like ATS classic?  ATS cups are a nice set to man... also like your last ones because they look like mine lol. if you have a spare £800 get some BBS rs2   :wink:

Cheers for your suggesting, I'm after sticking with 17" or 16" I'm personally not a big fan of ats cups but i do like the ones you have mentioned in my list purely because there based on the ferrari f40 style wheel and i'm a ferrari nut so always wanted a set of these  :smiley: Again i don't like following the crowd and try to be original so bbs will never be put on my car sorry.

I'm a big fan of fat five spokes like TT comps or compemotive wheels as in my pics in white  :smiley: other old style i like are borbet A's which i'd like also but i'm trying to get a set which requires minimal arch work. There already rolled just need pulling to fit anything upto 9" wide  :sad:  

Offline Dogbot

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 431
In my honest opinion, for me, anything with a multifitment looks like its halfords crap, that you see at every macdonalds drive thru, it also detracts from the wheel as it looks unsightly

I think the compomotives look cool but again in the proper 4x100 or 5x100 figment,  but then I am partial to a set of schmidts....

Offline dragongreengolfgti

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,124
  • my golf gti mk3
In my honest opinion, for me, anything with a multifitment looks like its halfords crap, that you see at every macdonalds drive thru, it also detracts from the wheel as it looks unsightly

I think the compomotives look cool but again in the proper 4x100 or 5x100 figment,  but then I am partial to a set of schmidts....


This is all true im not a big fan of multifit alloys either like you say i think being able to see the stud holes puts me off alot and would rather wheels with centres covering the holes or atleast the correct amount showing so yeah compemotive and the modernlines are looking top at the mo  :smiley:

Offline Wayne

  • Sir Postalot
  • *
  • Posts: 32,051
Anything but multifit tbh, compemotive would get my vote

Offline stainesy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,442
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
Second wheels down. The deep dish ones or the Schmitz.

Offline F17BAD

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 4,225
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
white compo's are a classic

like the modern lines but in real life they always look tiny plus a bit common

the other deep dish near the top above the compo's look pretty cool too
  


Not no ordinary GTI....

House classics and Techno mixes:
https://soundcloud.com/bradkells
www.mixcloud.com/kells/