GolfGTI
Forum Charity
Merchandise Shop
GolfGTIforum.co.uk
Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
GolfGTIforum.co.uk
»
Model specific boards
»
Golf mk3
(Moderator:
hardmonkeys
) »
Changing expansion tank
« previous
next »
Print
Pages: [
1
]
2
Author
Topic: Changing expansion tank (Read 1995 times)
ryanbrook
GTI forum regular
Posts: 156
Changing expansion tank
«
on:
24 April 2012, 00:44 »
May sound stupid but when changing an expansion tank (because it is dirty as hell, can't even see the coolant in the tank) i drain the coolant out, can i put the drained coolant back in or is that a no no. do i have to buy fresh coolant.
Logged
tweed
Forum addict
Posts: 5,377
Re: Changing expansion tank
«
Reply #1 on:
24 April 2012, 07:02 »
When was it last changed? If it was changed month or two then yes you can put it back in.
But for the sake of it, just put new in
Logged
Untitled
by
tweedub
, on Flickr
Luke1981
I live here
Posts: 530
Re: Changing expansion tank
«
Reply #2 on:
24 April 2012, 08:14 »
I would also use vw coolant instead of that cheap sh!te from halfrauds!
Logged
MK IV GT TDI 150 PD / MKII CADDY SDI
stainesy
I live here
Posts: 3,442
im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
Re: Changing expansion tank
«
Reply #3 on:
24 April 2012, 08:47 »
Quote from: ljl1981 on 24 April 2012, 08:14
I would also use vw coolant instead of that cheap sh!te from halfrauds!
yeah just stick some new in mate.
Logged
gti gaz
I live here
Posts: 592
Re: Changing expansion tank
«
Reply #4 on:
24 April 2012, 08:53 »
Just depends on hold old it is for the cost though just put new in
Logged
Any one in cornwall lets sort more meets!!!!
ryanbrook
GTI forum regular
Posts: 156
Re: Changing expansion tank
«
Reply #5 on:
24 April 2012, 11:10 »
i know the stuff is pretty cheap, takes about 6.3 litres the mk3's a think. Was changed in mid December last year.
Logged
ryanbrook
GTI forum regular
Posts: 156
Re: Changing expansion tank
«
Reply #6 on:
24 April 2012, 11:13 »
and does anyone know where to buy g12? I've searched quite a bit and can't seem to find it.
Logged
javalin
I live here
Posts: 1,457
Re: Changing expansion tank
«
Reply #7 on:
24 April 2012, 15:20 »
ask and you shall receive.
http://www.vwspares.co.uk/g3cooling.php
Logged
You only ever need two tools in life. If it moves and it shouldn't use Duct Tape. If it does not move and it should, use WD40.
thai-wronghorse
Serious forum addict
Posts: 7,325
mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
Re: Changing expansion tank
«
Reply #8 on:
24 April 2012, 17:15 »
It's not expensive from the main dealers anyway.
Logged
harlemex
I live here
Posts: 2,023
Re: Changing expansion tank
«
Reply #9 on:
24 April 2012, 18:53 »
its all the same stuff as halfords too.
Logged
Print
Pages: [
1
]
2
« previous
next »
GolfGTIforum.co.uk
»
Model specific boards
»
Golf mk3
(Moderator:
hardmonkeys
) »
Changing expansion tank