Author Topic: need some headlight advice  (Read 4783 times)

Offline DUBboi12

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 279
Re: need some headlight advice
« Reply #10 on: 16 April 2012, 17:24 »
I've got Hellas on mine :smiley: bit off the subject but I need a new glass lens for mine anyone know when I can get one?

Offline Deano2711

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,874
  • 1992 VR6
Re: need some headlight advice
« Reply #11 on: 16 April 2012, 18:39 »
Stick with the quads....loads better  :cool:

Offline Bellend

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,718
Re: need some headlight advice
« Reply #12 on: 16 April 2012, 19:56 »
Think they only really suit darker coloured cars TBH.

Maybe colour code them or start tinting the indicators etc and black badge. ;)

Where all my moneys went.

Golf MK3 1.6. Golf MK3 8v GTI.

Offline Deano2711

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,874
  • 1992 VR6
Re: need some headlight advice
« Reply #13 on: 16 April 2012, 21:22 »
I personally would not colour code as they then look  :sick: :sick: (just my opinion) and personally I think they look better on Red/Dragon Green type cars. Darker cars just look like they came with the lights anyway whereas a different colour they look like an addition. May sound strange but that's just my view  :smiley: :smiley:

Offline Bellend

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,718
Re: need some headlight advice
« Reply #14 on: 17 April 2012, 00:15 »
I personally would not colour code as they then look  :sick: :sick: (just my opinion) and personally I think they look better on Red/Dragon Green type cars. Darker cars just look like they came with the lights anyway whereas a different colour they look like an addition. May sound strange but that's just my view  :smiley: :smiley:

Do agree to a point. Think darker cars with them colour coded look good. They look OEM as you say and that's probably why I like them. ;)

Where all my moneys went.

Golf MK3 1.6. Golf MK3 8v GTI.

Offline jiminbmth

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 237
  • brings back the sunshine!
Re: need some headlight advice
« Reply #15 on: 17 April 2012, 09:49 »
agree to a point with all posts,but I have flash red,and colour coded,IMO they don't look  :sick:, they suit, think black on red don't suit,look HALFRAUDS styley!
jiminbmth ;)

Offline Dogbot

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 431
Re: need some headlight advice
« Reply #16 on: 17 April 2012, 09:59 »
agree to a point with all posts,but I have flash red,and colour coded,IMO they don't look  :sick:, they suit, think black on red don't suit,look HALFRAUDS styley!

I felt the same way about my smoked hella's against satin silver so i accuired a CL 3 bar grill so that the black now runs across the front & looks a bit more OE, I like it, its all personal preference, just got to get round to getting some smoked fogs & indicators to match too.....


Offline Deano2711

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,874
  • 1992 VR6
Re: need some headlight advice
« Reply #17 on: 17 April 2012, 10:24 »
Black grill slats are a must really as Milby and Dogbot both have but Red quads on Red car will be too much and in your face for me but my opinion means nowt. I am a big believer in if you're happy with your car then that's all that matters  :wink:

Offline Milby

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 269
Re: need some headlight advice
« Reply #18 on: 17 April 2012, 10:29 »
i have gone back to gti lights i think they just look cleaner  :smiley: just my opinion though

MK3 Golf 1.4 SE ;)

Offline javalin

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,457
Re: need some headlight advice
« Reply #19 on: 17 April 2012, 10:42 »
personally I like the mk4 style headlights...
You only ever need two tools in life. If it moves and it shouldn't use Duct Tape. If it does not move and it should, use WD40.