Author Topic: Best liquid wax?  (Read 3645 times)

Offline Tazzy

• I live here
Re: Best liquid wax?
« Reply #10 on: 16 April 2012, 20:07 »
not as good tbh, im a big megs fan and currently using tech2, im having to apply it every week, and i only use the car on sundays, maybe its my application
If It Comes Off, Modify It!

Offline RnP

• Here all the time
  • Audi S4 gone, looking for b5 rs4
« Reply #11 on: 16 April 2012, 20:34 »
how different is colli 915 to the 845 ?

In what sense? Application,durabilty?

915 is a paste wax, easy to apply and remove, nice finish, I've not done durabilty tests on it yet so cant comment on that one.

845 is like a gel when cold but once warmed through its a nice silky viscous liquid with cream colour tinge to it, applies super thin and goes on like butter, needs to be used with caution on hot/warmer sunny days as it can weld itself on and be a pain to remove if left too long,cures very quickly in these conditions, hence guy saying its very user friendly in the winter months due to lower temps etc.
I've seen a solid 9 months out of it but I'm sure it would go on for longer if I hadn't started testing other products from then onwards.
I use this for winter protection details, a good bang for buck wax imo.

thanks for the insight mate, i just got some colli 915, used it once already applied thinly and it came off with ease, quite impressed, would like to try out the 845

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 16 April 2012, 21:08 »

915 is a paste wax, easy to apply and remove, nice finish, I've not done durabilty tests on it yet so cant comment on that one.

845 is like a gel when cold but once warmed through its a nice silky viscous liquid with cream colour tinge to it, applies super thin and goes on like butter, needs to be used with caution on hot/warmer sunny days as it can weld itself on and be a pain to remove if left too long,cures very quickly in these conditions, hence guy saying its very user friendly in the winter months due to lower temps etc.
I've seen a solid 9 months out of it but I'm sure it would go on for longer if I hadn't started testing other products from then onwards.

Good to know that it's a b!tch on warm days, i always seem to get caught out one way or another! either rain or direct sunlight. :angry:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 16 April 2012, 23:44 »

thanks for the insight mate, i just got some colli 915, used it once already applied thinly and it came off with ease, quite impressed, would like to try out the 845

915 and 815 are pretty much, essentially, the same wax... although one is a paste wax and the other is a liquid wax... i wouldn't buy the 845 until later in the year when it starts getting colder

Offline Dan J

• I live here
  • Pro Valeting and correcting paint since 95
« Reply #14 on: 17 April 2012, 10:07 »

915 and 815 are pretty much, essentially, the same wax... although one is a paste wax and the other is a liquid wax... i wouldn't buy the 845 until later in the year when it starts getting colder

First time I've heard those two being put together in the same sentence, 845 is a liquid version of 476, both synthetic where as 915 has more Nuba in it.
I EAT CARNAUBA FLAKES FOR BREAKFAST!!!

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #15 on: 17 April 2012, 10:15 »

First time I've heard those two being put together in the same sentence, 845 is a liquid version of 476, both synthetic where as 915 has more Nuba in it.

my bad... I didn't think it was spot on when I was writing it... apologies all for the duff info, forgot about 476

Offline Dan J

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 17 April 2012, 13:17 »

Good to know that it's a b!tch on warm days, i always seem to get caught out one way or another! either rain or direct sunlight. :angry:

@RnP no probs mate,915 is a great wax, updates on durabilty would be good if you could keep us posted on that.

@Jimble don't be put off by that mate, just means you need to work in smaller areas and buff off almost straight away or just get it done in the shade or early morning etc when the temps are lower and the car hasnt been sitting in the sun for ages but as guy said its definatly a good weapon to have in the winter months with the low temps.

Offline RnP

• Here all the time
  • Audi S4 gone, looking for b5 rs4
« Reply #17 on: 17 April 2012, 20:06 »
Dan Im no detailer by any means, but am I supposed to use the collinite straight after washing it or do I have to apply polish ( AG ) first? I used the colli 915 today and it didnt leave the sort of shine and gloss I was expecting, Im guessing I shouldnt of applied the polish to it, but I bet the colli lasts a while

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #18 on: 17 April 2012, 20:56 »
Always polish before wax mate and better still claying makes a MAHOOSIVE difference! and it's so easy. :cool:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Dan J

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 17 April 2012, 21:51 »
@RnP what prep have you done to your car? How many layers of wax did you apply?
Are you saying you applied the srp over the top of the 915?
If you have clayed properly and decontaminated the paint,polished etc then you should be getting a good gloss from the wax.

@Jimble if your previous prep is good and the cars waxed its just a case of regular wash maintenance to keep on top of it with the odd wax top up if needed, no need to polish unless marring and swirls from washing start becoming more apparent, also you should only need to clay twice/three times a year.
« Last Edit: 17 April 2012, 22:22 by Dan J »