GolfGTI
Forum Charity
Merchandise Shop
GolfGTIforum.co.uk
Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
GolfGTIforum.co.uk
»
Model specific boards
»
Golf mk3
(Moderator:
hardmonkeys
) »
where will remove a locking nut and at wat sort of price?
« previous
next »
Print
Pages:
1
[
2
]
Author
Topic: where will remove a locking nut and at wat sort of price? (Read 2736 times)
mrsaunders
I live here
Posts: 575
Re: where will remove a locking nut and at wat sort of price?
«
Reply #10 on:
16 April 2012, 12:40 »
Quote from: Bellend on 16 April 2012, 11:32
Where are you in Kent?
Sure I can get it off. Never not got one off so far!
tonbridge, its really starting to annoy, I've got a 16mm nut starting to go over slowly
Logged
Bellend
I live here
Posts: 2,718
Re: where will remove a locking nut and at wat sort of price?
«
Reply #11 on:
16 April 2012, 13:56 »
Well if you're ever passing Halling (my cars off road ATM) drop in and I'll give it ago.
Failing everything I canj just drill it off.
Logged
Where all my moneys went.
Golf MK3 1.6. Golf MK3 8v GTI.
mrsaunders
I live here
Posts: 575
Re: where will remove a locking nut and at wat sort of price?
«
Reply #12 on:
16 April 2012, 13:59 »
If all fails I'll let you know
Logged
Skred
Not said much yet
Posts: 43
I like lamp...
Re: where will remove a locking nut and at wat sort of price?
«
Reply #13 on:
16 April 2012, 19:27 »
So you can buy a special tool to remove a locking nut...
Logged
If I'm against picketing, how do I show it?
Bellend
I live here
Posts: 2,718
Re: where will remove a locking nut and at wat sort of price?
«
Reply #14 on:
16 April 2012, 19:54 »
Get a pic up.
Had to remove one today. Then found the key.
Was just a torx looking thing. Filed down a 12" extention a bit and hammered it on.
Logged
Where all my moneys went.
Golf MK3 1.6. Golf MK3 8v GTI.
mrsaunders
I live here
Posts: 575
Re: where will remove a locking nut and at wat sort of price?
«
Reply #15 on:
16 April 2012, 19:59 »
its one with the 3 pins, a 17mm wouldn't touch it and it im slowly getting a 16mm on but its taking forever
Logged
gedbedhead
Not said much yet
Posts: 24
Re: where will remove a locking nut and at wat sort of price?
«
Reply #16 on:
16 April 2012, 20:41 »
the tool your thinking of are called irvines. like a reverse easy out.
Logged
Buckfizzturbo
Here all the time
Posts: 423
Re: where will remove a locking nut and at wat sort of price?
«
Reply #17 on:
16 April 2012, 21:29 »
Here's what I bought
http://m.screwfix.com/p/laser-emergency-locking-wheel-nut-remover-set-4pcs/94826
Logged
LowCollective - East Anglias Premier German Car Event - 07/09/14 IP14 6AT
Www.lowcollective.com please search 'low collective cars' on Facebook
mrsaunders
I live here
Posts: 575
Re: where will remove a locking nut and at wat sort of price?
«
Reply #18 on:
16 April 2012, 21:40 »
i dont think they go small enough, my 17mm wouldnt grip it so i dont think that will fit
Logged
Print
Pages:
1
[
2
]
« previous
next »
GolfGTIforum.co.uk
»
Model specific boards
»
Golf mk3
(Moderator:
hardmonkeys
) »
where will remove a locking nut and at wat sort of price?