Author Topic: Heavy knocking/rattle from front end  (Read 2443 times)

Offline search

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 898
Re: Heavy knocking/rattle from front end
« Reply #10 on: 16 April 2012, 00:51 »
Right not to sound stupid but i had something like this other day after putting my coilovers on. it turn out i didn't tighten my driver side wheel (lucky it never came off lol)

but im just saying go round an tighten everything up.
Golf mk3 1.4 (sold)
Golf mk2 1.3 (sold)
Golf mk3 1.6

Offline Rmachines

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,901
  • Passat 20vT Estate and Candy White MK3 1.8 GL
Re: Heavy knocking/rattle from front end
« Reply #11 on: 16 April 2012, 16:05 »
I torque the wheels up when i remove them,  Everything is tight,  but i have had loose top mount bolts in the past.

Im fitting a full lowering kit for sure.  :wink:
10 golfs and counting! 

Engine cranes = the ultimate tool to test the tensile strength of Everything you didn't disconnect!