Author Topic: Coilovers  (Read 2224 times)

Offline Dannyboi30

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 257
  • Golf GTI Turboversary
Coilovers
« on: 08 April 2012, 12:22 »
im guna be looking for a set of half decent coilovers any sugestions exscuse the spelling all help welcome many thanks

Offline dom

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 10,083
  • Back in a Mk4
Re: Coilovers
« Reply #1 on: 08 April 2012, 12:31 »
SEARCH!!!!!!!


Offline tweed

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 5,377
Re: Coilovers
« Reply #2 on: 08 April 2012, 13:41 »
SEARCH!!!!!!!





Omg omg omg omg

I'm gonna jump off a bridge head first

Untitled by tweedub, on Flickr

Offline murraymint

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,022
Re: Coilovers
« Reply #3 on: 08 April 2012, 14:20 »
SEARCH!!!!!!!





Omg omg omg omg

I'm gonna jump off a bridge head first

 :grin: :grin:
josh


95 Mk3 golf 1.6 CL, 96 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 89 Mk2 Jetta GL,  97 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 99 bora 2ltr se, 83 mk1 golf 1.1, 15 polo 1.2 tsi

Offline search

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 898
Re: Coilovers
« Reply #4 on: 08 April 2012, 17:44 »
you called lol. how much you looking to spend?
Golf mk3 1.4 (sold)
Golf mk2 1.3 (sold)
Golf mk3 1.6

VW BUSH

  • Guest
Re: Coilovers
« Reply #5 on: 08 April 2012, 20:32 »
im guna be looking for a set of half decent coilovers any sugestions exscuse the spelling all help welcome many thanks

Anything much under £300 will be a crash bounce affair, the £150 level gets you low at the complete expense of ride and handling
These (amongst others) are good gear
http://www.weiteccoilovers.com/volkswagen-golf-c-2923_2985.html
You will get good lowering, ride and handling for a relatively cheap price.

Always best to buy as good a quality as possible when suspension is concerned, define half decent by telling us your budget like search mentioned

Whatever you do allow for new rubbers as these die quick with lowering :smiley:

Offline gti gaz

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 592
Re: Coilovers
« Reply #6 on: 08 April 2012, 21:21 »
ha ha ha ha ha search       dont get jom"s





 Any one in cornwall lets sort more meets!!!!

Offline Deano2711

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,874
  • 1992 VR6
Re: Coilovers
« Reply #7 on: 08 April 2012, 21:29 »
Nothing wrong with Jom's !!!!!  I am running Jom's and find the ride quite good and comfortable. I have owned cars that throw you out of your seat and mine is comfy really. There are a few members on here who will agree that Jom's are good for the price  :wink: :wink:

Offline sychosis

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 252
Re: Coilovers
« Reply #8 on: 08 April 2012, 21:52 »
FK AK Streets are what I've got, really nice ride, not too harsh and dont bounce.

Offline Dogbot

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 431
Re: Coilovers
« Reply #9 on: 08 April 2012, 22:48 »
i have second hand 3year old, ta tekniks......

and a broken back.....

new coilovers are on the list.....
have to say for &50 they have been great up to the last few miles, ive put around 40k on them to be fair....