Author Topic: What's more annoying after you've worked long and hard cleaning the car?  (Read 11934 times)

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
The misses!! "Why do you waste all that time cleaning it will just be dirty again tomorrow"! Or the annoying passer by you asks if you can do theirs!

Wud have to agree with this, don't know how I forgot to mention it! Grrrrrrr!!

i usually hand them a business card and ask them what service they require! soon sorts the men out from the boys  :laugh:

Excellent! Bet that soon shuts them up... :grin:

Its got to be the neighbours cat for me, it walks all over the car and even sleeps on the roof! :(

:laugh:
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
Its got to be the neighbours cat for me, it walks all over the car and even sleeps on the roof! :(

is there any way you can hook up a hefty battery and a remote control to make the roof live when you press the button on the remote from your house... that'll soon stop the fcuker walking on your car

or use this tried and trusted, but rather elaborate, method...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIbkLjjlMV8

Offline MattJAbela

• GTI forum regular
Other people who as they walk past put a hand on the car, leaving fingerprints..does my nut in!!!

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
Other people who as they walk past put a hand on the car, leaving fingerprints..does my nut in!!!

I wud chop there hands off if I caught someone doing that!!
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline MAW73

• I live here
  • Used to like Golfs :-)
The Mrs moaning when spending I'm time cleaning my car does my head in..... They just don't understand do they!

2007 VW Mk5 Golf GT 5 Door DSG
2009 VW Mk6 Golf GTI 5 Door DSG
2012 BMW F20 125i M Sport, Auto
2014 BMW F20 M135i, Auto

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
The Mrs moaning when spending I'm time cleaning my car does my head in..... They just don't understand do they!

Totally agree, take yesterday for example...we took both the golf and aygo over to the mrs's sisters as she has a drive way, I immediately started on mine but also had plans to do the aygo too but she(my mrs) got huffy when I said I wudnt have time to do here's aswel as I was taking my time doing mine, I must say tho she does look v nice when all wax'd up! :smiley:

Offline tweed

• Forum addict
Most annoing thing for me is just as I've finished and put it away in the garage it rains. Lucky. I think to myself, then the misses rings "babe I've got no money and can't get the bus" Great, now I have to do a return trip of 30 miles in the rain after spending 40 mins on each wheel  :angry: 

Untitled by tweedub, on Flickr

Offline ALBEEEEY

• Here all the time
Sounds annoying, did you blow the polish the dust off this thread before posting though?  :laugh:
-Gone but Not Forgotten 2000 MK4 GT TDi
- Looking for a MK2 8 valver

Offline rolty_gti

• GTI forum regular
The misses!! "Why do you waste all that time cleaning it will just be dirty again tomorrow"! Or the annoying passer by you asks if you can do theirs!

i get that all the time! i don;t know why but it really p*ss*s me off! feel like saying yea that's only about the 20th time i've heard that now feck off!  :grin:

but my worst gripe is definantly the rain! normally give the car a good going over when its nice out and then as soon as i'm done it chucks it down! typical!

as for the vandals, i owned an audi a3 1.8t not long ago which was literally immaculate, not 1 mark on it due to me and the previous owner looking after it well, some lil t**t decided it'd be fun to pour nail polish over every single panel! took all day to remove with nail polish remover(without the chemical that destroys paint in it,can;t remember what its called now) to get it out, and as of late, the other week, me and the missus was going out to the cinema i got in the car, and when she delayed opening her door i undone the window and said what's up only to find her cringed faced saying some1 has thrown dog sh!t all down the side of the car!

some lovely people about ay  :shocked:
LCR Decor - Quality affordable home improvements, we also take on commercial work, www.lcr-decor.co.uk free quotes! essex/london/kent and surrounding areas. call lee-07984106950 e-mail-leerolt@lcr-decor.co.uk

Offline rolty_gti

• GTI forum regular

is there any way you can hook up a hefty battery and a remote control to make the roof live when you press the button on the remote from your house... that'll soon stop the fcuker walking on your car

or use this tried and trusted, but rather elaborate, method...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIbkLjjlMV8

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

mate that had me in histerics lol, hilarious!
that guy should win a medal, i can't stand cats!!
LCR Decor - Quality affordable home improvements, we also take on commercial work, www.lcr-decor.co.uk free quotes! essex/london/kent and surrounding areas. call lee-07984106950 e-mail-leerolt@lcr-decor.co.uk