Author Topic: Flash Red SE [OEM+]  (Read 31916 times)

Offline FlashRedThree

• GTI forum regular
  • MK III Flash Red 1.4 SE + MK V DBP 2.0T GTI
Re: Flash Red SE [OEM+]
« Reply #90 on: 03 June 2013, 16:41 »
Are they BBSLM's?? my favourite wheel at the moment! especially in gold!  :whistle:

Yes LM's - replica's though, which is making me umm and ahh  :lipsrsealed:

Offline FlashRedThree

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #91 on: 03 June 2013, 16:59 »
New splitter came today.

Old vs new:

Quite a crack there and looking weathered. Lasted a good year or so though.

Fitted:

I've also had colour concept leather door cards lying around for about a year now, but could never fit them due to having manual windows. I've now decided I'm just going to punch holes in the cards to accommodate winders. I don't want electric windows due to the unreliability of the mk3 setup.

Anyway, I pulled the fronts out of the shed and tidied them up.

The door bins were awful:

Full of mould, chewing gum, wrappers etc.
Stripped the card down and cleaned every nook and cranny, fed the leather and treated the plastic:

Think they came up well, not a mark on them really.

I have issues with the rears though, they're missing the speaker grills and despite acquiring various mk3 golf grills none seem to fit. I'll probably have the fronts on at the weekend, going to be busy with work until then.

I also went for a quote to get my bonnet resprayed today, they wanted 400+ vat which included blowing in the wings, I couldn't believe my ears.

Gonna get a few more quotes, if I can't get a reasonable price I'll probably need a second hand flash red bonnet  :undecided:

« Last Edit: 03 June 2013, 17:01 by FlashRedThree »

Offline Ginge 35Edition

• I live here
« Reply #92 on: 03 June 2013, 18:07 »
Those alternative wheels looks ace mate!

Offline Bellend

• I live here
« Reply #93 on: 03 June 2013, 19:09 »
Never had any issues with the mk3 set up bud. Holes should be marked for winders tho!

Where all my moneys went.

Golf MK3 1.6. Golf MK3 8v GTI.

Offline FlashRedThree

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #94 on: 03 June 2013, 19:16 »
Never had any issues with the mk3 set up bud. Holes should be marked for winders tho!

Thanks for the tip! I have all the kit for the windows but for whatever reason all the wiring around the fusebox never seemed to want to play. I'll rig it all up again when I swap the cards over to see if I can't get it to work, but if it doesn't I can't be arsed to faff about.

The car came with no electrics at all, I had to go and get the various coloured connector blocks found above the fusebox out of a GL in a scrapyard lol.

I do want central locking though.

Offline FlashRedThree

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #95 on: 02 July 2013, 15:59 »
Test fitment-

More to come

Offline BISSONE

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #96 on: 02 July 2013, 19:03 »
Wheels look really nice, i converted a MK3 van to have central locking, leccy windows and mirrors. Had to do the same as you as that had basic electrics and wasnt that hard really but i am an electrician and have had experience with CE2 fusebox in the past. Worth doing though and i did it in under a day.

Offline FlashRedThree

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #97 on: 02 July 2013, 19:29 »
Wheels look really nice, i converted a MK3 van to have central locking, leccy windows and mirrors. Had to do the same as you as that had basic electrics and wasnt that hard really but i am an electrician and have had experience with CE2 fusebox in the past. Worth doing though and i did it in under a day.

Cheers mate and yeah I did manage to get my windows and mirrors working (only took me a year  :rolleyes: ) so didn't need to butcher my doorcards, just haven't got round to documenting it :) been working a lot of nights recently to pay for all kinds of crap so not had much time.
« Last Edit: 02 July 2013, 19:32 by FlashRedThree »

Offline FlashRedThree

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #98 on: 06 July 2013, 00:21 »

Offline FlashRedThree

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #99 on: 06 July 2013, 00:21 »