Author Topic: Monza Shadow II Cleaning....  (Read 5043 times)

Offline ScottA

• I live here
Re: Monza Shadow II Cleaning....
« Reply #10 on: 14 February 2012, 19:17 »
I agree those Monza's look sweeeet!

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 14 February 2012, 20:46 »
I use chemical guys wheel guard,it gives a really good shine and leaves the surface of the monzas really slick.
« Last Edit: 15 February 2012, 19:16 by simonpolly »
Golfgti build quality is average at best.

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 15 February 2012, 17:57 »
Cheers mkviken really appreciate the advice as I don't want to go wrong with these wheels lol....yours are looking great...

As soon as the poorboys arrives are start applying the coats to the wheels as there stored in my parents spare bedroom waiting for GTD to arrive.... :grin:

you will find they're dead easy to clean, especially when treated. i didn't take my wheels off but i jacked the car up and did the inside of the wheels while still fitted.

i can just about clean the whole inside of the wheel and the back/inside of the spokes with a wash mit. much easier to clean than multi spoke type wheels!
« Last Edit: 15 February 2012, 19:31 by mkviken »
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 15 February 2012, 18:18 »
Thanks again.... :wink:

Steve
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 26 February 2012, 10:30 »

chemical guys wheel guard

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 26 February 2012, 10:58 »
 :shocked: :cool: those Monza's look awesome! I hope the sun is still shinning come next weekend so I can give my shoes a polish....
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 26 February 2012, 17:31 »
It's good stuff,my mrs went shopping at sainsburys the other day,when she came out the local car wash gang were stroking the wheels and saying how shiny they look,much to the annoyance of my ten year Old son  :grin:

They are the easiest wheels in the world to clean.

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 26 February 2012, 18:08 »
 :cool: very much looking forward to picking up my GTD on thursday and then fitting the Monza's a week tomorrow...

My old Suzuki garage are swapping the wheels over for me for £10er....VW wanted more!! :angry:

Offline MAW73

• I live here
  • Used to like Golfs :-)
« Reply #18 on: 27 February 2012, 13:26 »
:cool: very much looking forward to picking up my GTD on thursday and then fitting the Monza's a week tomorrow...

My old Suzuki garage are swapping the wheels over for me for £10er....VW wanted more!! :angry:

Just make sure you inspect the wheels with there fitter before they get fitted in case they damage them. I made this mistake using quick fit once and I'm 99% sure they marked the rims of the wheels fitting tyres.

2007 VW Mk5 Golf GT 5 Door DSG
2009 VW Mk6 Golf GTI 5 Door DSG
2012 BMW F20 125i M Sport, Auto
2014 BMW F20 M135i, Auto

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 27 February 2012, 13:40 »
I went to kwikfit first to get a quote for tyres & fitting and they quoted me £600 odd but after haggling got it down to 5...

But on the off chance I phoned my old Suzuki garage who said they wud do it for £485 so was a know brainer really! As much as I trusted my Suzuki dealer I inspected the wheels first and took pics and made sure they knew there was no marks what so ever...and told them the cost of them if they marked them in anyway...So that put the frighteners into them and they immediately said there fitting machine wud mark em so they sent them down to Bathwick tyres who did it instead...came back in perfect condition!!

Steve