Author Topic: Hurdy's new Polo GTI..project time!  (Read 100505 times)

Offline leigh_harty

• I live here
  • Audi AGU
Re: Hurdy's new Polo GTI..project time!
« Reply #460 on: 06 June 2012, 17:13 »
Sunday 24th June.

I will have some updates, but have been asked to keep quiet by the companies for a while.

Bursting to tell but can't.  :laugh:

Cracking, ill be hungover no doubt so don't go down strip too early  :grin:
Dont lose your dinosaur!

Offline Hurdy

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #461 on: 06 June 2012, 20:35 »
If I guess correctly will you leave a yes or a no answer  :tongue:

How many companies work do you have on your car?! DSG map? Bigger IC? Better map? :undecided:

Have to remain silent....... :sad:
Seat Leon Cupra Black 290 DSG

Offline ProSiNNeR

• Just got here
« Reply #462 on: 15 June 2012, 11:22 »
Hey mate i can't find anywhere the loba lo270  :sad:

Can you please tell me where to buy it from?

Thanks in advance.  :smiley:
Golf 5 GT, Revo Stage 2, Milltek Turbo Back Non Res, K&N Intake, S3 I/C, Forge Blow Off Valve Kit, Defi Turbo Gauge And Exhaust Temperature Meter.

Offline Hurdy

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #463 on: 15 June 2012, 11:44 »
Since I had mine on Revo have become the official UK outlet for Loba products.

However if you go onto vagoc supersi is on there and has his own section for selling Loba products. He will usually get you a bit off the price too. Link below is for the Loba section on Vagoc :smiley:

http://www.vagoc.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=90

Offline Hurdy

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #464 on: 18 June 2012, 19:25 »
Bought some Okada plasma coilpacks last week.

What can I say apart from they do exactly what it says on the tin.

Fitted these today and my word they make a difference.

i. Smoother idle
ii. much perkier at the top of the rev range

Okada quote the following for these coilpacks....

i. Up to 6% more hp
ii. Up to 6% more torque
iii. Faster spool up/throttle response
iv. Reduced fuel consumption
v. Lower emissions
vi. smoother idle
Also in the 1.4TSI they help eliminate potential misfires too by giving a much stronger spark that simply cannot be overwhelmed by the injectors.

I fitted them myself in 15 mins and they just work!

I'll be swapping back to the stock coilpacks at some point for back to back dyno runs to see if they do give any extra oomph, but the car certainly feels better and it isn't just the "bum dyno"
They aren't cheap though, but for me they are worth every penny.

Apparently these make 6bhp/lbft gains on a stock MKIV GTI Turbo 150 (petrol), so the butt dyno may not be wrong as the water methanol injection needs extra ignition to get the best burn, so should give the little GTI more boooooooooosssstt!  :cool:

Offline Hurdy

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #465 on: 26 June 2012, 09:01 »
Went to GTI International today, very wet, very busy and as soon as it stopped raining I used my 4 run passes down the strip.

Best time of the morning was 14.02 with a 5.49 second 0-60. Not as good as I'd hoped, but the surface was very wet and add to that the DSG torque limiter cutting in, it wasn't too bad.

I must say that I enjoyed the handling course more than the sprint. Ended up with a 40.07 second run. The guy on the stand taking down the time told me beforehand that anywhere near to 40 seconds was excellent. The guys on the stand with track prepped cars and racing tyres were managing 39.6 to 39.7, so I was well impressed with the car. However, the guy from Bilstein said if I had set the car up on full hard with the damping then the car would have been just as good as the track cars!!

Bodes well for the next trackday. :cool:

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
« Reply #466 on: 26 June 2012, 16:10 »
Went to GTI International today, very wet, very busy and as soon as it stopped raining I used my 4 run passes down the strip.

Best time of the morning was 14.02 with a 5.49 second 0-60. Not as good as I'd hoped, but the surface was very wet and add to that the DSG torque limiter cutting in, it wasn't too bad.

I must say that I enjoyed the handling course more than the sprint. Ended up with a 40.07 second run. The guy on the stand taking down the time told me beforehand that anywhere near to 40 seconds was excellent. The guys on the stand with track prepped cars and racing tyres were managing 39.6 to 39.7, so I was well impressed with the car. However, the guy from Bilstein said if I had set the car up on full hard with the damping then the car would have been just as good as the track cars!!

Bodes well for the next trackday. :cool:

Sweet bro!  :cool: So your quickest run...Was it the 60-100 that you 'struggling' with? That 0-60 is pretty quick  :rolleyes:

What was the massive secret that you couldn't tell anyone... :nerd:

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #467 on: 26 June 2012, 17:53 »
Saw a certain someone in the queue at the weekend. Tried to say hello but you kept looking the other way lol

Offline Hurdy

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #468 on: 26 June 2012, 18:08 »
The "secret" didn't work.  :embarassed: If it had done I'd be rocking an accessible 300bhp :evil:

Sorry Alan :embarassed:

Notice the car next to me? That was the car that had the accident. I went down against it in the morning. Glad it didn't have the steering wheel off then as we were head to head most of the way!

Offline dan_apps

• I live here
  • too low for british roads!
« Reply #469 on: 26 June 2012, 18:12 »
There was some quick cars going up the strip, those 2 caddys were rediculously quick!