Author Topic: Broomers-GTi - "Jazzmin, the 1.8T AUM"  (Read 18285 times)

Offline Broomers-GTi

• Here all the time
  • 1.8T 2002 AUM
Re: Broomers-GTi - "Jazzmin, the 1.8T AUM"
« Reply #20 on: 09 September 2012, 19:30 »
Did the rear badge, so thought i would also do the front to my colour scheme  :smiley: and here are the results

« Last Edit: 09 September 2012, 19:35 by Broomers-GTi »

Offline Broomers-GTi

• Here all the time
  • 1.8T 2002 AUM
« Reply #21 on: 09 September 2012, 19:46 »
Starting to get abit handy with the old canny... so decide to redo my interior to my colour scheme now. finily got rid of that white Wrap i had and did this...

"flick back thro my thread to see what it looked like before if u want"

Interior Grab Handles

Not the best job... but okay for a rookie? haha  :wink:

Center Consol

« Last Edit: 09 September 2012, 19:51 by Broomers-GTi »

Offline Broomers-GTi

• Here all the time
  • 1.8T 2002 AUM
« Reply #22 on: 09 September 2012, 20:05 »
Next, i decide to spray my engine covers... i came up with an idea, of smoothing out the cover, and filling it in with filler, have a look to see what it ended up like  :cool:

In progres

Finished Product

im not very happy with the finished product, tbf, i kinda rushed it come the end. So i have decide to leave it untill i get round to doing it again...

Or i will either buy a Forge Carbon Engine cover or put it back to normal
« Last Edit: 09 September 2012, 20:07 by Broomers-GTi »

Offline Broomers-GTi

• Here all the time
  • 1.8T 2002 AUM
« Reply #23 on: 09 September 2012, 20:18 »
My main aim with my car now is to get her looking really good, slammed to the ground, for that down and out look... FAAT. I now have decided to concentrate on looks rather than performance. Im not going to bother with engine looks now incase i take it that step further...

I also wanted to take her to Stage 2 soon, but now i have changed my mind. In all farenss i did like the speed she is now and wanted more power so I used to make her to be as light as poss, but now i have put 19" BMW X5 rims on her (offer i couldnt reist), with streched tyres. This type of move has limited me now as there heavy wheels and dont like being driven hard on, as there streched tyres there on...

Iv been wanting a new project and therefore i will be buying a MK2 or MK1 soon andi will be having that car for speed, not going to go into it much, but basicly my MK1/2 will be having a 1.8T Engine convo going in to it, and ill be having that as my lil go kart, where as my MK4 atm will be my daily... but with that added wow factor from the amazing looks of her  :smug:

See what im saying?  :laugh:
« Last Edit: 09 September 2012, 22:10 by Broomers-GTi »

Offline Broomers-GTi

• Here all the time
  • 1.8T 2002 AUM
« Reply #24 on: 09 September 2012, 20:42 »
Soo, basicly i have been driving around on my spare wheel for a month or two now as it was mega illegal, my other driver side wheel was borderline illegal with an inch gauge on it, and my two rear tyers were perising... My dads a copper... he wasnt best pleased  :lipsrsealed:

Yea.... tell me about it haha, so it came down to me getting 4 new tyres all round, got a quote from a place in town £240 the wanted for 4 tyres fully fitted and blanced ect ect... and that was only buget tyres aswell  :angry:

I rember this matey was selling sum BMW X5 19" rims 30min drive away as i kinda new him from work and at the training center where i go to get my tickets... but yea any way rang him up and asked if he got them still as i new he had new tyres on them. He said hes got them still so (he never avertised them) so.. went and picked them on the 6th of September and fitted them that night....

They also came with 4x 20mm PCD Adaptors & Bolts  :smiley:

Offline Broomers-GTi

• Here all the time
  • 1.8T 2002 AUM
« Reply #25 on: 09 September 2012, 21:02 »
And fitted

Will admit, does look abit silly and looks like a wanna be 4x4 haha, but my next job is to get her lowerd... ASAP

I love these wheels but dont no if everyone else will haha but i do. Looks proper mean and FAAT espeacily if u look at it from behind  :grin: but yea needs lowering and abit of arch bodywork so i can get those rear wheels tucked up under for that slammed look  :smug: i will be buying coilovers soon, and im going to invest in some good ones, ones with the bit that you can adjust the hardness/softness one and set the differnt settings. I did want FK AK Street coilovers or the Jom Blue line ones... But now have decided to invest abit more into them and my new budget has gone from £200 haha to £500  :sad: but yea, has to be done.

Few Shots iv taken

Ummm, Dad wont be happy  :laugh:  :smug:

Offline Broomers-GTi

• Here all the time
  • 1.8T 2002 AUM
« Reply #26 on: 09 September 2012, 21:16 »
On the route to lowering her, so i brought a MK1 Audi TT Front ARB and sum adjustable droplinks... all for under 55 Quid haha  :grin: will be replace the Droplink rubbers aswell as the ARBs rubber bushes (if thats what there called?  :laugh:

(havent got a pic of the Droplinks tho, but i will put sum up once i have replaced the Bushes befroe the fitting of the ARB & D-Links)

Will fit the ARB & D-Links once i have replace the Bushes with that powerfelx ones  :laugh: ill do that befor i fit the coilovers  :grin: