Author Topic: My Mk4 Gt-tdi..  (Read 19896 times)

Offline tdi_blu

• I live here
  • Golf Gti & T4 2.5 tdi
Re: My Mk4 Gt-tdi..
« Reply #30 on: 06 September 2011, 07:24 »
Few pictures from last night now its lowered.The lad did have it really low at the front without any issues with the ARB but the inside of the wheels was touching somewhere on the coilover so he lifted it slightly and its fine now.If I fitted some spacers I can get it down more but im pretty happy how it sits plus its a far better ride than my mk3 this isnt bouncy at all really nice ride.Few quick pictures from last night thanks. :wink:

Golf Gti

Offline archie837

• I live here
« Reply #31 on: 08 September 2011, 21:53 »
looks ace - colour is wicked.

Are you finding the 115 engine pokey enough?
Project longterm Airbanger.
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=163335.0

PD150 Anni daily

Offline tdi_blu

• I live here
  • Golf Gti & T4 2.5 tdi
« Reply #32 on: 08 September 2011, 22:26 »
Cheers mate yeah it pulls really well im not sure if its had a re-map but I will take it to R-tech at some point see what they can do.
Got some more jobs sorted on it in the last few days.

Tracked up after suspension fitted
Had my Tyres filled with Nitrogen
Oil change as the last owner put some cheap stuff in
Tempreture sensor
New Thermostat
Coolant change G12
EGR valve removed and cleaned new gaskets fitted
My parrot handsfree fitted

Car drives so much better and its now running smack on 90 degrees where before it was up and down on the tempreture so in money well spent.

Up next is paint its booked in for front bumper rear bumper bit on my drivers door and mirrors.The bonnet has stone chips but ive bought a Bonnet Bra the R one and im not usually a fan of them but it does look good.On saturday all the interior coming out and its gonna get a good clean and vac out and do all my dash etc thanks ... :wink:
Golf Gti

Offline Fabla

• GTI forum regular
  • Not quite a Golf. But it'll do.
« Reply #33 on: 08 September 2011, 23:13 »
Love the colour & looks on this car  :cool:

If it hasn't been remapped, get it done, diesel's love it.  :grin:

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #34 on: 08 September 2011, 23:48 »
Looks loads better lowered.

Offline tdi_blu

• I live here
  • Golf Gti & T4 2.5 tdi
« Reply #35 on: 09 September 2011, 12:34 »
Thanks for the comments  :wink:
Golf Gti

Offline tdi_blu

• I live here
  • Golf Gti & T4 2.5 tdi
« Reply #36 on: 11 September 2011, 09:20 »
Car broke down on me twice last week but did start again once my AA friend told me what to do.Had the EGR cleaned out but it cut out again yesterday and I decided to just buy a new one which I fitted yesterday.I was pretty pleased with myself fitting it  :grin: car seems fine now as you can see in the piccys the old one which had been cleaned not very good I reakon was sh!tty and the new ones on.Also fitted a new tempreture sensor last week and for some bizzare reason it popped open on the one side.This happened twice and I actully found the problem who ever had changed the tempreture sensor before be had left a old sell right inside it which was causing it to pop open under presure anyway sorted now hopefully ill have no more problems  :grin: dam mk4s worse than my mk3  :laugh:

Golf Gti

Offline tdi_blu

• I live here
  • Golf Gti & T4 2.5 tdi
« Reply #37 on: 15 September 2011, 22:57 »
Had the Derv de-cated today and its the best £40 ive spent so far as it deffo feels more responsive.Ive also sourced a mint bonnet and rear bumper the same colour which im tempted to buy but as the car has a issue at the moment Im saving my pennies first just incase I have to spend a few quid but hopefully it wont be.My problem with the car at the min is it use to just cut out at random only evr done it once if it did it in that day.Once it did cut out all I had to do was put my foot on the gas and keep the key turned and it started after about 10 seconds or so after that it was fine.Today though I was giving it some beans and when in 2nd gear and flooring it just as I change into 3rd it cuts out.I have taken the car to my friend who works at vw he put it on there computer and it returned no fault codes everything was fine.We have had a look under the bonnet and noticed the vacum pipes off the EGR valve are pretty poor condition so im changeing them tomorrow if that dont help he reakons it could be the solenoid sticking which means nothing to me  :grin: but thats my next step.Few piccys of the car with its bonnet bra on not everyones cup of tea I know but it dont look to bad and hides the stone chips  :grin:

Golf Gti

Offline Seanl

• I live here
« Reply #38 on: 16 September 2011, 12:12 »
Bra looks good mate, I think they suit mk4s. Hope u get you problems sorted, dunno what the solenoid is for but can't see it being expensive to replace. More problems with the apparently trusty old oil burner than your anni!  :rolleyes:
Classic Green Corrado VR6 Storm | Jetex Cat back | BMC CDA | VT mounts | Bilstein B12 | 288mm front brakes | Mk4 rear brakes | Goodridge braided hoses | BBS RX228s | Shortshifter | Lupo wipers | Uprated headlight loom | All red rears | Refreshed leather | Fresh paint |

Offline tdi_blu

• I live here
  • Golf Gti & T4 2.5 tdi
« Reply #39 on: 16 September 2011, 12:50 »
For sure had someone else look at it today he reakons its air in the fuel system as its a cheapo fuel filter and apparently there a arse when you change them.The N75 was only £35 not to bad but ive cancelled that now im going with the fuel filter so fingers crossed.Ill get it sorted if I dont im gonna go and buy a VR and f**k deisel  :grin:
Golf Gti