Author Topic: 1.8T Owners!  (Read 1195 times)

Offline Doogal

• Just got here
1.8T Owners!
« on: 14 April 2005, 21:20 »
I am a recent own of a T/1999 1.8T GTI, and have a suspect oil leak from the rear of the head at joint with head and block gaskets although the oil route through the head is either left or right side?and therefore HOPE this is not Gasket related, the leak appears from the oil pipe gasket feeding the Turbo from the block, Ive gone through all the logical checks and would request advise,

if you hold the main cooling water hose to the top right hand side of the head, and turn the fly, it appears to become pressurized, indicating possible compression through cylinder? but this leaves? If i run the same with cap removed from expansion tank, i get Thothy water returning, all indicating head gasket breach between cooling water & cylinder, however i have no typical white clouds through exhaust, no over heating? a friend has a 4 motion and all symptoms are same so i guess the question is do all 1.8T do the same or has the gasket gone on the 4 motion and mine?

Would be obliged, it any 1.8 T could run same experiment to see if typical, :undecided: