Author Topic: My Mk3 Golf Kaitlin Now Resprayed Ford ST White .. New pics :D  (Read 18713 times)

Offline curtis1993

• Not said much yet
Hey guys and gals,
 i have recently brought a vw golf 1.8 8v.. it looks like it has had a sorry life but with 87,000 miles 2 owners full service history and for 380 quid i cant complain..
well this is how the story goes...
On the 23/6/2011 i stubled across what i thought would be the bargin of the centry on autotrader :D so a quick 15 min drive to teignmouth from torquay and there she was kaitlin was her name ( dont ask the girlfrien thought it suited her)
she was up for 500 pounds that was a bargin in it self but i wanted it to be more of a bargin :D let the bargining begin :D 300 nope she wasnt having any of it 325 ..... ect boom she accepted the offer of 380 :D i was one happy chappy :D so we drove it home .... didnt really get off to a great start as 200 yards down the road she ran out of petrol so a quick push to the petrol station down the road 10 quid later and away we go :D when we got home i had to take some pics due to wanting to start this thread :D
so here you go some pics of her in a sorry state :(

So i decided that i didnt like flat blue paint and want ed to paint it black cheeply as it was only a cheep car ... out camethe rollern black paint as the car was ment to be a rat project :/ well the black i hated but heres pics any way ... we all learn from our mistakes hey :/ :D

So off i set on a new adventure .. i have decided to spay the beast white ford st white to be exact so my first aim was to get off all the black paint that i applyed extreamly thickly :(

i got bored after two panels :(

More pics to come later on after my day of sanding and preping :D
« Last Edit: 28 August 2011, 21:28 by curtis1993 »
Built Not Brought!

Kaitlin The Mk3 Golf
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=201772.0

Offline Fabla

• GTI forum regular
  • Not quite a Golf. But it'll do.
Re: My Mk3 Golf Kaitlin :D
« Reply #1 on: 31 July 2011, 17:15 »
Madness.  :grin:
Got to be hard work rubbing all that black off!!  :shocked:

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #2 on: 31 July 2011, 18:58 »
Going to be hard to get the black off. :smiley:

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
« Reply #3 on: 31 July 2011, 19:10 »
Hmmm... :huh:

Offline curtis1993

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 31 July 2011, 22:10 »
All the black is now off :D just priming some of the bare metel and filling in some  dents
i will up load some pictures tomorrow of the preped project :D
it is being lowered on the 9th 60 / 55 in search of some alloys but it is proving a pain on my wage this month :/ and at somepoint i am going to get rid of the horrible blue interior for the vr6 highline interior
it is coming along slowly it is being sprayed after it has been lowered and tbh i cant wait looks a state now but it will look cool when its all done :D 
Built Not Brought!

Kaitlin The Mk3 Golf

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #5 on: 01 August 2011, 10:07 »
Awesome, hat's off to you, I've been wasting my time using cans on mine, what paint are you using?

Offline curtis1993

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 01 August 2011, 23:13 »
I am useing ford st frozen white in 2 pack paint 5L of it cost me 28.00 + VAT at my local automotive paint supplyer :D gotta love the cheapness :D

Well i have hit a very large stone in the road ... i tried changing the rocker cover gasket as it was badly worn and ermm well it went terably wrong so now i am stuffed and cant get it to the place it is being sprayed what a bummer so i am phoneing my mechanic tomorrow morning to see if her can fix it ... one of the bolt threads has come clean off the block so i need to get it re threaded :( but he will have to come to mine and do it as as soon as she gets up to temp she spues oil everywhere :( bless her :(

Well as promiced updated pics of as she stands now .. i have a week off soon so the white will be applyed then if she is fixed and lowered :D

This is the kind of thing i am aiming for .. shame shes 5 door but hey :D

Built Not Brought!

Kaitlin The Mk3 Golf

Offline curtis1993

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 01 August 2011, 23:13 »
oh yeah and dont worrie i have new lights and stuff :D
Built Not Brought!

Kaitlin The Mk3 Golf

Offline Bellend

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 01 August 2011, 23:33 »
Masking tape?

Save you so much time. Windscreen, rubbers and windows?

Try getting the thread out, I got mine out with my finger when it snapped.

Where all my moneys went.

Golf MK3 1.6. Golf MK3 8v GTI.

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #9 on: 02 August 2011, 09:55 »
Sorry, I was more interested in what paint and rollers you used when you did the black?