Author Topic: So then, what car are you buying next?  (Read 384043 times)

Offline AndyG

• Here all the time
Re: So then, what car are you buying next?
« Reply #2430 on: 11 September 2015, 21:28 »
Nice, you can practice launch control in it.
Golf 7R,DSG,5 door White,leather,rear camera.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2431 on: 11 September 2015, 21:39 »
Nice, you can practice launch control in it.

:grin: :grin: :grin:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #2432 on: 14 September 2015, 16:37 »
My latest leaning is for a Volvo XC60 to replace the Passat. After having my previous Passat for 8 years, I said I wouldn't keep the next one as long, so nearly 3 years on, it's time to properly start looking.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2433 on: 14 September 2015, 21:18 »
My latest leaning is for a Volvo XC60 to replace the Passat. After having my previous Passat for 8 years, I said I wouldn't keep the next one as long, so nearly 3 years on, it's time to properly start looking.

Out of interest, as someone who is normally happy to hang onto their cars for a few years, why do you want to move on from this Passat comparatively quickly?  Do you just fancy a change or is it lacking in some way?
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #2434 on: 15 September 2015, 08:16 »
I'd be happy to hold onto the Passat for much longer as it does everything that it's supposed to do extremely well. I kept my interest in my previous car by upgrading things along the way. I'd like xenons, LED tails, and a reversing camera, but the cost of retro fitting is prohibitive on newer cars. OEM Bi-xenons on my 2004 Passat cost me £100 from a breaker that didn't know what they were and they also plugged straight in and worked.

It is much cheaper to keep a car for many years, even with additional repair costs to account for. I reckoned on £1000 a year for servicing and repairs, which is waaaaaay less that the depreciation on a car in warranty. However it's the cost to change that comes as a stinger. You spend a few years watching your savings grow, then boom, one swipe of the debit card and they look pretty sick. It might be time to get out of the Passat while it's still worth something.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2435 on: 15 September 2015, 13:27 »
Yes, I get where you are coming from.  Depreciation on new is a killer but somewhere along the line you take a hit.

Fancy a move away from VW/VAG this time round then.  Did you get your new (GTI red stripe) caravan?

2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #2436 on: 15 September 2015, 14:56 »
There will probably always be one or two VAG cars in the stable, but I'm really liking the new range of Volvos. Perhaps it comes to us all with age.

We did get the GTI caravan a couple of months ago, but haven't taken any photos of it. It's a Bailey Unicorn Cadiz if you want to look it up.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2437 on: 15 September 2015, 16:46 »
Well that's the first time I've ever googled a caravan.  Anything to distract from the project I'm working on today!  Reminds me how I used to love going around camping exhibitions when I was a kid and my Dad was on the look out for a new tent.

You could live in that, it's quite something.  Home from home.

2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2438 on: 30 September 2015, 20:40 »
Bought and paid for.....meet....

My new Golf R!

2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Rgdogg

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2439 on: 30 September 2015, 21:02 »
That looks stunning booth  :cool:
can't wait to see it after you have detailed the hell out of it! I'm sure your going to enjoy it.
I borrowed my friends to pick him up from Heathrow in it, and the controls are all different to the mk6, took some getting used too, and as for that cruise control with automatic braking, that was something that I was not keen on, cars cutting in front of you and the car slamming its brakes on, im sure it's something you get used to.
Gti, Candy White, 3door, DSG, Leather, Rear LEDs, Bluefin, Milltek, vwr intake, Focal speakers.